So, uhh... wow? (pilot in class Bravo without clearance, McCarran)

"Henderson Ground, Centurion 1NR is, uhhh, at the end of some runways here, taxi to transient."

:rolleyes:

Wow, who knew the 'rona would make you stupid too?

My guess
- emergency revocation (and I would think this has already happened)
- investigation
- legal enforcement action

I think they're going to throw the book at him and he will never fly again. 210 for sale, cheap.

A quick search of California LLCs reveals the name of the registered agent. Too bad the Airmen Registry seems to be offline at the moment.

Kudos to the controller. She was far more patient than he deserved.

Donno what story he told the tower, but they apologized to him for the approach controller... :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

Without posting the pilot’s name or address (Registered agent at least) It seems that he is an instrument rated commercial pilot. One would think that a commercial pilot would know about Bravo clearances, right? When I got my commercial rating, I was given the impression that the FAA would hold a commercial pilot to a higher standard. I hope they throw the book at this guy.

Last edited:
Lol what a duechebag. Does kind of make you wonder why they didn't give him a Bravo clearance to begin with, but it doesn't excuse him being an a-hole the whole time.

Lol what a duechebag. Does kind of make you wonder why they didn't give him a Bravo clearance to begin with, but it doesn't excuse him being an a-hole the whole time.

I get the impressiion he never asked for the clearance. Maybe he thought that just being in radio contact allowed him to enter? I suspect he’s in for some very interesting conversations with the FAA. Who knows. But 100% agree with your characterization of him.

At one point a male voice simply says one thing like "a**hole". Was that him aimed towards her? Or another pilot on frequency towards him? Didnt quite sound like him.

At one point a male voice simply says one thing like "a**hole". Was that him aimed towards her? Or another pilot on frequency towards him? Didnt quite sound like him.

I think that was the SWA pilot talking to THE CENTURION. Don't be calling me no Skylane!!!!

I didn’t listen to all the transmissions except for the part when already in the class B.

One can understand how a relatively inexperienced pilot might have confused the requirements for entering a Class B for a Class C if he forgot his training, or that a squawk code given for flight following when talking to ATC is not specifically a clearance to enter a Class B. That distinction can certainly be missed until that has been specifically pointed out; I’d bet this shows up on some NASA reporting forms.
I’ve also had to make sure I’m looking at a sectional when not on an IFR flight plan in order to get the ring structure demarcation of the class B to request the clearance to enter beforehand. However this pilot’s certitude of his right to be there is nothing like the reaction any of us would have to the possibility of actually being in error when called out by ATC. He has exactly the opposite reaction and deserves a rude awakening that everybody is predicting.

Wow. What a prick. An ounce of humble pie can get you out of a lot of trouble. Wonder if they had to send someone to make sure he get the number to call. That happened to a buddy of mine. He took a number down and when he landed at an uncontrolled field there was a cop there to make sure he got the number. Oddly he was flying a c210 as well. This was several years ago though

Respect for the plane though. This guy has been knocking out some decent single legs (700miles).

He is also no stranger to Bravo's. From Flight aware he was just (VFR) at two airports under the MSP Bravo. Probably lots more at Vegas and out in California.

This is how you mess up correctly. 11:00 minutes in.

Reminiscent of the King Air that blasted past the departure end of the runways at ATL a few months ago VFR and not talking.

Guy has a cute daughter.

She pretty young, 16 or 17 I think. She just got her PPL and flew a Cherokee they bought back to Phoenix with the Aviation 101 guy.

She pretty young, 16 or 17 I think. She just got her PPL and flew a Cherokee they bought back to Phoenix with the Aviation 101 guy.

Is that the same girl? They look different.

Thus is nuts
Would like to hear his account of it. He mentions at first he previously had clearance to enter. She clearly knew otherwise

Anybody else notice her tone change at 41:30.
Went from emotional to cock-sure,come and get the butt whipping.

The cursing captain should be smacked upside the head as well.. put himself in some poor company.

Thus is nuts
Would like to hear his account of it. He mentions at first he previously had clearance to enter. She clearly knew otherwise

Anybody else notice her tone change at 41:30.
Went from emotional to cock-sure,come and get the butt whipping.

The cursing captain should be smacked upside the head as well.. put himself in some poor company.

He said he'd been talking to ATC, not that he had a clearance. He said he had been asking for a clearance, but pretty obviously from someone that was not in a position to give it to him. He jumped ugly on her when she told him to get out of the Bravo. She was remarkably composed while he treated her like crap.
Whoever called him an A-hole was spot on.. I might have said same if I was listening to that crap.

Thus is nuts

um, I didn't hear him claim he had clearance (of course, I might have missed it). Just that he was talking to ATC (her?) for the past 50 miles. It is almost like he was confusing the requirements for operation in Class C with Class B.

edit: listening to his initial call to approach (21:16:07Z into the archive) he didn't request a bravo clearance.

Last edited:
um, I didn't hear him claim he had clearance (of course, I might have missed it). Just that he was talking to ATC (her?) for the past 50 miles. It is almost like he was confusing the requirements for operation in Class C with Class B.

edit: listening to his initial call to approach (21:16:07Z into the archive) he didn't request a bravo clearance.

Missed that, did not have the patience to listen shop skipped ahead to the action

thanks for correction Mr Noel.

From what I heard on the audio clips, he needs to be severely dealt with by the FAA. As a student pilot a long time ago I knew you had to ask and hear the magic words "cleared into the Class Bravo" before attempting to enter. No ands, ifs or buts about it. My home field is just outside the circle around SEA, so I've been aware of this for years. When the controller clearly says that she is the only one who can issue that clearance and he doesn't have it, that's pretty plain to me. Not to mention the multiple times she tells him to get out of the Bravo space. Emergency revocation would be only the first step. What a moron.

100% agree with the above. As a student pilot learning out of KLVK, I regularly skirt within 500’ of SFO’s class B shelf when doing XCs. I’m constantly aware of not encroaching and would be mortified if I busted it. Can’t get my head around talking to ATC in this manner.

Even if the guy had a clearance to enter the Class Bravo, once the controller told him to exit Class Bravo he was obligated to acknowledge and exit, yes?

(I don't think the guy ever had a clearance, but...)

Back