Piper cherokee 140 fair price??

Found a cherokee 140 not exactly what I think I want but the price seems right at 24k ifr good til September of 2021. 3558 ttaf and 1550 smoh on O320. My goal is to travel weekends back home 200 miles 1 way. I'm still completing ppl but at 10k in rental fees. I just think I'd be money ahead long term. Open to hearing thoughts. Thanks in advance View attachment 86890 View attachment 86891
It's hard to go too far wrong with a Cherokee 140. Don't worry at all about the panel, You will get used to it. Enjoy the experience and dive in!

You schubs worry about shotgun panels way too much. Usually when you own an airplane you don’t go out and rent other people’s airplanes, you fly your own. You quickly get used to whatever you have. My Cherokee had a standard 6 pack. My Mooney not so much. Didn’t really notice.
If you don't fly IFR

Learning, but it still applies. You get used to what's in front of you. Nothing magic about the six pack.
Keep learning. You’ll soon discover why the ‘six pack’ is arranged in the way it is. You don’t want a hodgepodge of instruments scattered around the panel in IFR flight.

Keep learning. You’ll soon discover why the ‘six pack’ is arranged in the way it is. You don’t want a hodgepodge of instruments scattered around the panel in IFR flight.
I keep telling you it doesn't matter if you fly the same aircraft all the time you get used to what's in front of you. Guys fly all kinds of IFR in old airplanes with all sorts of panels. It works fine. Sucks for you if you can't adapt.

I keep telling you it doesn't matter if you fly the same aircraft all the time you get used to what's in front of you. Guys fly all kinds of IFR in old airplanes with all sorts of panels. It works fine. Sucks for you if you can't adapt.

Stated by a non instrument rated pilot. ;)

Glad you have everything figured out!

images

The top photo is the original shotgun panel of my '63 C172D. Below it is the same airplane with an upgraded panel in the standard six-pack configuration. I had learned to fly in a 1963 172D in 1964 and thought the non-standard panel would be OK. Soon after I bought it, I decided it wasn't working and upgraded the panel. This was in the 2000 - 2002 timeframe, and the new panel made a world of difference.

View attachment 86900
Wow. Hard to believe that’s the same airplane. Looks like the only instrument that carried over from old to new is the mag compass.

Back