whoopsie

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I accidentally drove to the airport, pre-flighted, got in the plane, flew somewhere, did something, got back in the plane, flew back home, and enjoyed every minute of it.

does this ever happen to anyone else?

If by "did something" you mean get some grub....

Then Hellz yeah...

If by "did something" you mean get some grub....

Then Hellz yeah...

8483f52b070287306ca384074486f2e8.jpg

I mean, why is it so difficult to update ur effing Facebook page? They spent more money and time on that piece of paper than it would take to make a FB post.

I mean, why is it so difficult to update ur effing Facebook page? They spent more money and time on that piece of paper than it would take to make a FB post.

From the looks of it, they will be recreating that paper again soon... lol

I must be in the minority here.

If I am flying it’s for one of two reasons. Either I am at work, or I am flying myself to a destination for a specific reason which does not include going to get the hundred dollar hamburger.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy flying, but I fly for a purpose rather than the pure enjoyment of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I accidentally drove to the airport, pre-flighted, got in the plane, flew somewhere, did something, got back in the plane, flew back home, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Yes to all above except the "accidental" part. ;)

If I am flying it’s for one of two reasons. Either I am at work, or I am flying myself to a destination for a specific reason which does not include going to get the hundred dollar hamburger.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy flying, but I fly for a purpose rather than the pure enjoyment of it.

My purpose is the pure enjoyment of it.

Since I dont fly for work, the only thing I fly for is pleasure. The fact I can get somewhere which will take me an hour, but would take 3hrs if I drive is just great. The ability to just hop in a plane to go for a tastes burger is a bonus too...

Because da virus is only active and communicable from 1400 to 0500 every day except Sunday, when it is deadly all day....? o_O:rolleyes:

Flying with a purpose does add something to the experience. I have ignored beautiful weather days because I had no reason to fly other than to look at the ground...but I will gladly drive 25 minutes to the airport, pull out the plane, and fly my kid 15 minutes to spend the weekend with other family members. Driving would undoubtedly be faster, but way less fun!

Yesterday I snagged a picture of the longest active laker (just over 1000 feet) backing out of the Monroe Harbor into Lake Erie (backed about 4 miles or so before turning around and heading north.) Didn't land anywhere except where I took off. Didn't get to the airport by accident - with the direct route across the "free" bridge closed until December, I have to plan out the long route across a toll bridge ($5.00) to get there. But fixing a flat tire (right main) before I departed wasn't planned. Does that count? It included an unplanned trip to the island hardware store for a tube patch kit.
IMG_1211_small.jpg

No flying, lots of TS in the area. Instead, I finally had time to do some much needed MX on the rear brake of the motorcycle.

Yesterday I snagged a picture of the longest active laker (just over 1000 feet) backing out of the Monroe Harbor into Lake Erie (backed about 4 miles or so before turning around and heading north.) Didn't land anywhere except where I took off. Didn't get to the airport by accident - with the direct route across the "free" bridge closed until December, I have to plan out the long route across a toll bridge ($5.00) to get there. But fixing a flat tire (right main) before I departed wasn't planned. Does that count? It included an unplanned trip to the island hardware store for a tube patch kit.
View attachment 86903

Cool photo!
Forgive the ignorance of a westerner, but what do they carry in that type of ship on the Lakes? Iron ore? Grain? Coal?

Cool photo!
Forgive the ignorance of a westerner, but what do they carry in that type of ship on the Lakes? Iron ore? Grain? Coal?

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy
With a load of iron ore twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty
That good ship and true was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of November came early

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy
With a load of iron ore twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty
That good ship and true was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of November came early

The saddest lyric ever..."Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours"

At least once. Every week.

You were drinking weren’t you?

Same thing happened to my wife and I today. OK, maybe it wasn't an accident I did have a breakfast casserole in my plane. I may or may not have met up with some friends and had brunch at a private airport. Chased a couple of cubs home. Hard to fly that slow. Got to the airport and had to dodge some rain and got the plane fueled and put away just before the second storm hit. By the way what makes those clouds make noise?

Enjoyment can be it's own purpose....

View attachment 86903

That's a beast of a ship. I've done a good bit of shipwreck diving, and have been on a couple of wrecks that are 600'-700' long--including the Jodrey, a Great Lakes bulk carrier that sank in the St. Lawrence Seaway. It's amazing to see something that big underwater--the limited visibility only makes them look more infinite.

Back