GFC500 Yaw Damp On PA32 Worth It?

Kenwick

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
W87
Has anyone gone with the yaw damp option on a GFC500 in their PA32? Does it make a worthwhile difference?

I guess that’s the question. For me no but for rear seats possibly. I’m looking for someone who has gone for the option before I spend the money.

I guess that’s the question. For me no but for rear seats possibly. I’m looking for someone who has gone for the option before I spend the money.

Growing up, I spent many years traveling in the back of my Dad’s PA32. Never noticed an issue with motion that would make a yaw damper necessary.

The ride in the back is nothing like it is in a V-tail Bo. I wouldn’t waste the money.

How much extra would it cost if you decide to add it later? Your answer to this Q will inform your decision.

-Skip

If it doesn't blow you budget, or you won't have to sacrifice something else to put it in, then go for it. Otherwise it's a "nice to have" not a "need to have"

That canoe is a flying yaw dampener. Save your money. Buy more steak at destination.

Growing up, I spent many years traveling in the back of my Dad’s PA32. Never noticed an issue with motion that would make a yaw damper necessary.

Because Dad knew the purpose of those funny looking pedals on the floor? :p

I rode in the last row of a PA-32 once and it definitely felt like it was yawing around a lot

Back