Bahamas

ktup-flyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ktup-flyer
I’m planning on flying down to the Bahamas later this year. The plan is Ft. Pierce and then over to Treasure Cay and take the ferry to Green Turtle Cay. Any other must go places down there?

I have a place in GTC and fly back and forth quite often. Lot's of neat things to see while over there. GTC is by far the furthest along with repairs and infrastructure.

Guana Cay is slowly getting back up and running as well.

I'll send you a PM.

I did Marsh Harbour and Stella Maris a few years back. Great fun.

They're opening up in stages from the complete shut-down of foreign visitors. Be sure to check with the Bahamian Tourist resources if you plan to go in the near future.

Back to the original question:
I have visited GTC a number of times and agree it's a great choice.
My favorite has become Fernandez Bay Village on Cat Island near the New Bight Airport. Definitely Bahamas laid back with a pretty funky atmosphere (outdoor showers); cottages right on the beach; honor bar outside on the patio. Owned by a pilot, unless it's been sold recently.
A few pilot groups (Cirrus, for one) go there for regular fly-ins.

They're opening up in stages from the complete shut-down of foreign visitors. Be sure to check with the Bahamian Tourist resources if you plan to go in the near future.
Bahamian border opened Monday to private aircraft and yachts. Still not opened for commercial travelers.

I'm trying to plan a mid-to-late July trip to Cat Island, but the negative COVID test requirement creates an interesting logistical hurdle. A lot of places around me (Kansas City) don't want to test unless you're (a) symptomatic and (b) have a Doctor's order. And some of the places that will test anyone (drive-thru testing) don't do written results, just a phone call.

Back