Bo Emergency landing on hwy near Laredo,Texas

As I walked out in the streets of Laredo,
As I walked out into old Laredo town,
I spied a Bonanza a parked on the shoulder.
The engine had failed and she had come down

That will go in a hurry. Someone will buy it for the RVs and part out the rest if making it airworthy it too much.

As I walked out in the streets of Laredo,
As I walked out into old Laredo town,
I spied a Bonanza a parked on the shoulder.
The engine had failed and she had come down

Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
It’s a Bo, my lord, on a flatbed ford
At a price I can afford, you see...

That will go in a hurry. Someone will buy it for the RVs and part out the rest if making it airworthy it too much.

I like your optimism. Someone is going to hang a new prop on it, skip the continental teardown, maybe dial the crank and repaint the tips. Coming soon to Controller for 140K or $Call For Price

I saw this in my mechanics hanger. They have a pretty extensive shop. It used to belong to him and he sold it to the current owner and still does all of the work on it. They do great work and whomever buy it will have a great Bo with a brand new engine.

The city wouldn’t let them take it to Laredo with the wings on. This forced them to take the wings off and bring it back to Pearland.

The #3 piston got super hot and ate itself and trashed the engine. It’s like #3 wasn’t getting any oil. The engine itself had plenty of oil.

It’s probably an insurance mess right now.

It’s probably an insurance mess right now.
I doubt insurance will pay for a new engine. They didn't when I had a similar situation, but they did pay to fix the dent in the leading edge of the wing that hit the speed limit sign.

Insurance won't cover the mechanical "failure," any more than your auto insurance would cover your engine seizing in your car. It will cover the resultant crash damage. Of course, if the aircraft gets totalled.

What’s with all these Continental engine failures lately?

I doubt insurance will pay for a new engine. They didn't when I had a similar situation, but they did pay to fix the dent in the leading edge of the wing that hit the speed limit sign.

The insurance mess I was referring to was pulling the wings off to have the airplane moved. Then having it towed to the home airport, transportation costs and the costs to have them re-mounted..all wrapped up in insurance battle assumably.

Yes the engine would be mechanical and at the owners expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why would the city of Laredo object to the towing? It's not like the owner has a choice when the people with guns say you can't move the airplane into town in one piece.

I wonder why would the city of Laredo object to the towing? It's not like the owner has a choice when the people with guns say you can't move the airplane into town in one piece.

I believe the owner wanted to have it towed with the wings on. The city said no. Insurance will usually only tow it to the closest airport which in this case was Laredo. I don’t know who paid to have the wings removed.

The plane needed to have the wings removed per the city, but at that point the plane can be towed anywhere. I believe insurance still forced Laredo and thats where it initially went.

This means the owner probably has to pay for the transport from Laredo to LVJ in addition to a new engine. I don’t know who pays to have the wings put back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back