Another fledgling! WhoooHooooo!

n2230b

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
fast eddie
Well, new pilot getting started. My 21 yr old beautiful daughter is starting to work on her PPL next week. She will be a senior at Univ of Florida-Gainesville in the fall. Marine Sciences major. She’s been around flying all her life. Great grandfather owned a flying school. Grandfather was a gold seal instructor and ret Eastern Airlines Lockheed 1011 Capt. Uncle is a ret Delta 747 Capt. I’m commercial-instr-m/e. She will be a 4th gen aviator. Gotta love it! Nicole Maria. Godspeed.
EBD0881A-012B-4958-95D4-634D2E7C188B.jpeg

Start them young.

My son started and has 35 hours. He could have soloed 10 hours ago, except he is 15.

My daughter made me a passenger when we fly together...sort of reminds me of my young days as a military aviator when I was told to sit tight and monitor the standby load meter...could not be happier when she nails the numbers with me along for the ride. Congrats to you and her...!

Awesome...all of you with kids following along in your footsteps. My older daughter is a no go on that, but the younger ... who knows? She’s in the Navy now but maybe after.

Thanks for all the enthusiastic support. More to come.
Looks like she’ll train from the outset with a C-172 with. G1000.
How cockpits have changed!

Awesome...all of you with kids following along in your footsteps. My older daughter is a no go on that, but the younger ... who knows? She’s in the Navy now but maybe after.
This is child # 5 of 6. Only one other showed sincere interest, so it took a while. Don’t throw in the towel yet.

Congratulations!

And beautiful Commander 112. Wish they were still in production.

Well, new pilot getting started. My 21 yr old beautiful daughter is starting to work on her PPL next week. She will be a senior at Univ of Florida-Gainesville in the fall. Marine Sciences major. She’s been around flying all her life. Great grandfather owned a flying school. Grandfather was a gold seal instructor and ret Eastern Airlines Lockheed 1011 Capt. Uncle is a ret Delta 747 Capt. I’m commercial-instr-m/e. She will be a 4th gen aviator. Gotta love it! Nicole Maria. Godspeed.
View attachment 86395

With an aviation heritage like that, I'm surprised she didn't get her ticket at 17! But better late than never!

Beautiful plane! The Commander is the best looking GA airplane ever! Wait, best looking single-engine GA airplane ever! (The Twin Comanche wins for overall best looking GA airplane ever)

Back