Ohio

Mjg2011

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mjg2011
Anyone know of any cool airports in the Ohio/PA area?

Put In Bay

Dayton, Wright Brothers

Parr (near Zanesville) because it's a sidewalk

many, many more

KVVS is near Fallingwater.

This list was compiled on the Ohio Pilots Facebook group. On it, I can personally recommend Carol County, The Tin Goose Diner, Put In Bay, and Primo Barones. I’ve also heard great things about JP’s BBQ, but I’ve never been there.

Restaurants for OH,PA,IN,KY,MI (feel free to share)

OHIO

Carol county KTSO
The Tin Goose KPCW
Sky Galley KLUK
Buffalo Wild Wings KGAS
Skyline restaurant KPMH
Magoo’s pizza KPHD
Put-N-Bay 3W2
Airport cafe I74
Barnstormers KOSU
JPs BBQ KTZR
Red Pig Inn. KOWX (pick up from airport)
POV coffee & bagels KPOV
Frisch Big Boy KMWO
Subway KMFD
Plaza Inn O74
Nuevo Mexican KBKL
Filia Cellars 15G
Wiffletree 0OH5

INDIANA

Ricks Boatyard KEYE
Merks KMIE
Hangar Five KBAK

KENTUCKY

Cloud 9 KSJS
Rough River Lodge 2I3
Bearnos KLOU

MICHIGAN

Schulers KRMY (pick up from airport)
Prop Blast Cafe KOEB

WEST VIRGINIA

Jerry’s Flyaway KPKB
Fly in Cafe I41

PENNSYLVANIA

Primo Barones KFKL
Serventis Ristorant KBTP
Denunzios. KLBE

Port Clinton (pcw) has a diner(tin goose) / museum (building a Ford Trimotor), dunno if they are open.
Grimes Field (I74), restaurant, museum - building a B-17.
Put in Bay (3w2)- you get to pay a tie down fee.

Nice, I might have to check some of those out.
Thanks

I19 Greene County, closest to the National Museum of the USAF. If you’re into airplanes, a must see.

Cheers

Last edited:
If you're a fan of amusement parks. Cedar point is pretty cool to fly over. Be careful of the nearby MOA. With it being closed currently you could potentially get pretty close. near port Clinton. The Detroit/Canada corridor is pretty neat as well. It's a hairy edge to not get into Canada airspace and if you do they will send you a bill... Don't ask how I know

I74 has a nice diner and a cool little museum. OSU even has a good brunch place now.

FYI.....Carroll County (TSO) is still selling their wonderful homemade pies curb (um, taxiway?)-side during the pandemic. Just holler down on unicom for the selection du jour.

Jim

I74 has a nice diner and a cool little museum. OSU even has a good brunch place now.

Yes, except OSU will charge you $10 to park the plane, even if you are just staying an hour for lunch. Well of course you can buy 10 gals of $6.50 gal gas, and they will wave the fee. Pretty much a ripoff!

I second the The Tin Goose at Port Clinton (KPCW) and Cedar Point.
We have visited both several times - our youngest and I are big roller coaster fans.

- Martin

I second the The Tin Goose at Port Clinton (KPCW) and Cedar Point.
We have visited both several times - our youngest and I are big roller coaster fans.

- Martin
You used to be able to land at Sandusky KSKY and they would drive you to Cedar Point because they are just a couple miles down the road. Unfortunately they closed and I think Cedar Point’s athletic facility sits there now.

You used to be able to land at Sandusky KSKY and they would drive you to Cedar Point because they are just a couple miles down the road.
Yes. For my first visit to Cedar Point, we still landed at SKY. Cool airport identifier, for sure! And much closer to the park.

Yes, except OSU will charge you $10 to park the plane, even if you are just staying an hour for lunch. Well of course you can buy 10 gals of $6.50 gal gas, and they will wave the fee. Pretty much a ripoff!

They waive the fee if you’re going to the restaurant.

Last time I was there several years back, they still charged the fee. When was the last time you were there?

Last time I was there several years back, they still charged the fee. When was the last time you were there?

October maybe? Not too long after they opened the new FBO. I didn’t purchase gas, but did eat at Jack and Bennys. Sometimes the kids working the desk don’t pay much attention and you have to remind them that your going to the restaurant

How about any rentals near KYNG?

Falling Waters get's my vote as maybe the most scenic destination, while my wife proclaimed Port Clinton's onion rings the best ever. By the way, there is a small museum there whose curator is a bit of a Hogan's Heroes buff. Sargent Shultz's top coat (light blue) was there as was one of Colonel Hogan's hats and other memorabilia. And there are planes too.

Was just at Urbana Grimes Saturday and they have 6-8 picnic tables outside.

Back