Wanted: Partnership Partnership SoCal

Richard DeRitis

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rich
Looking to form a partnership, max of 4, for an economical fast single engine based near AJO,RIV or CNO.

Also looking for partners for similar type aircraft (looking at Grumman Tigers), but based at KSNA... will let you know if I find anyone out your way!

RIV or RAL? Also what's an example of the type of airplane you're looking for? I know a few owners at RAL who might share. :)

I'm looking for partners for a Mooney at KREI. Just in case you hear of any.

Looking to form a partnership, max of 4, for an economical fast single engine based near AJO,RIV or CNO.
Hey there, I am looking to join a partnership in ktoa, klgb or khhr. I am instrument rated and rent c172s out of ktoa at this point - finished with my commercial requirements as well but need to schedule a checkride sometime this year. You guys know of any folks in Torrance or Long Beach or Hawthorne looking to form a partnership, please do let me know.

I am looking to be in a partnership in a c182 or c210. I can be based out of LGB, HHR, TOA or SNA

I am looking to be in a partnership in a c182 or c210. I can be based out of LGB, HHR, TOA or SNA
Hi Ranjeet, it would be great to partner up - what is your primary purpose going to be? Mine is about trips with family so the useful load for the c182 or 210 would be great.

That would be amazing. That is exactly my primary purpose too. Just looking for a plane that I can go places with my family and friends. Something with good useful load!

Hello. I just joined and found this post. I am interested to pursue the discussion of a partnership in the OC or IE area. I have been in partnerships before and have run flying clubs so I know some of the issues that can make or break this type of arrangement. I have some leads on possible airplanes that could fit the bill and will begin to pursue some of them to see what pans out. In the meantime, for those that are still interested in this, I will prepare a brief outline of some of the key points to consider including: form of ownership, insurance issues, tax issues, scheduling considerations, and, most of all, allocation of costs and related issues such as maintenance reserves (can be done several ways). Ultimately, when there are two or more owners/members, the arrangement looks and smells like a flying club as those bylaws are useful to avoid severe conflicts (the minor conflicts are nearly impossible to avoid but can be livable). I am also a CFI so I can do flight reviews for the owners/members when needed. I live in NOC so my location preferences would be in this order: AJO, CNO, FUL, RAL, POC, RIR and I think there are available hangars at most of these airports currently. We can discuss aircraft candidates further if there are enough to do something. Let me know.

Hi Ranjeet, it would be great to partner up - what is your primary purpose going to be? Mine is about trips with family so the useful load for the c182 or 210 would be great.

I might be interested in a partnership in a 210, or Cherokee Six/Saratoga/Lance..... and/or could do checkouts or instruction for you guys. I’m a CFI with over 1000 hrs in the 210 and probably close to 2000 hrs in the PA32. I think you’ll find the six seaters are much better family traveling machines, the club seating in the PA32 is especially comfortable for the pax in the back on long trips. (I owned one for 23 years - wish I’d never sold it - my wife won’t even get in a four seat airplane anymore.) Prefer LGB or SNA based.

I might be interested in a partnership in a 210, or Cherokee Six/Saratoga/Lance..... and/or could do checkouts or instruction for you guys. I’m a CFI with over 1000 hrs in the 210 and probably close to 2000 hrs in the PA32. I think you’ll find the six seaters are much better family traveling machines, the club seating in the PA32 is especially comfortable for the pax in the back on long trips. (I owned one for 23 years - wish I’d never sold it - my wife won’t even get in a four seat airplane anymore.) Prefer LGB or SNA based.
Hi, So Cal pilots!

I just discovered this website and joined after searching for aircraft partnerships! I'm also interested in a 6-seater, club seating would be optimal (but not necessarily required) for my family passengers, and high density altitude performance is a must. I'm closest to HHR, TOA, and LGB (in that order). I had a 4-member partnership in a Grumman AA1C a few decades ago out of HHR, and it was a very positive experience. I'm an MEII, so a twin wouldn't be out of the question ... within the range of affordability, which is why I'm here! I see this conversation is 2.5 months old, so it'll be interesting to hear what's transpired.

Cheers!

I am moving back to SoCal (learned to fly at HHR) and am very interested in a flying club or partnership. Posting here for the possibility of a SoCal partnership. Could also go for starting a club? Either way! Currently a private pilot working on instrument rating ~150 hours.

Airports I'd be most interested in (in order):
  1. KLGB
  2. KHHR (close second!)
  3. KTOA
  4. KSMO
  5. KFUL (maybe, but far)
  6. KCPM
Early in the process but will be in the area Summer 2021. Have been trained on and flown Cirrus SR20, Cessna 172N and Cessna 172S. Open to different planes but 2-4 seater single engine is really the ballpark I am interested in.

Primary purpose for me is to complete instrument rating, fun trips with family/friends as availability allows, and to hopefully become more involved with Angel Flight as possible (I do have a full time job so this is within reason).

Looking forward to seeing if anyone is still looking to start something.

Last edited:
I know this post is ancient but If you're (or anyone else here) interested in Whiteman (KWHP) I am selling my ownership share (1/10th) in a 1972 Cardinal 177B. AWESOME airplane. New engine. 180hp Lycoming O-360 with Power Flow. Tons of new avionics (all Garmin - GTN 650, 496, GTX 345 transponder, GTI 275s *both AI and HI - all integrated.) Drop a line if interested. Skycombers Flying Club (can find the website online).
$3600 share and $115/hr wet with $125/mo dues. 10 members total. Great for week long trips etc. Club is in great financial standing as well. TBOs all accounted for. I've been in the club for the better part of 10 years and no regrets.

Shane

If you are still looking to form this partnership, I would be very interested in talking to you. I live in the inland empire, KCNO, KRAL, AJO, KONT, KPOC, would be my first choice. I am a long time ATP, CFI- AIM, no longer flying professionally, just flying into retirement now. Best to contact me by email, gr8bajafun@aol.com

RIV or RAL? Also what's an example of the type of airplane you're looking for? I know a few owners at RAL who might share. :)
Im looking to become a partner with someone in KRAL. I’m looking piper cherokee 140/160 or 180 or warriors . Can you connect me to one if you know any? thank you

I would consider taking on a partner or two for my Piper Comanche at KSEE (San Diego) if anyone is looking.

There are a few partnership opportunities available at KCMA and/or KOXR... Shoot me a PM and I'll vector you to final...

Back