THE. CAT. PEED. IN. MY. FLIGHT. BAG.

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
Does anyone have any good cat recipes? Just kidding(no I'm not).

Recovery is in progress, logbook was in a separate pouch and didn't get directly hit but has a light odor on it. Thankfully my medical is laminated, registration card was in the plane. Had to throw away two perfectly good beef jerky pouches. Handheld got splattered, removed battery and decontaminated with rubbing alcohol, hopefully it still works after. My IL registration cards are yellowed, thank god nobody looks at them I'm not hanging onto THAT. Couple of battery banks needed wiped down.....

Bag doused in natures miracle and vinegar... now in the washing machine.

How far do you think I can throw a cat from my deck? Just kidding.(no I'm not)

I think SpaceX might have another seat just big enough for your cat in the next Space Launch. I think it's located just outside the capsule.
Remember Felix Baumgartner and his Red Bull parachute jump from the stratosphere? Here is the evidence that there was a stowaway that jumped after him

upload_2020-5-29_22-37-28.gif

The sun does wonders for getting rid of certain residual smells after washing.

I once rented a house and when we moved in it was immediately apparent that a cat had peed in there. We tried everything. It was a wall to wall rug, and we tried washing, used some product that was very concentrated, where it said “just a few drops” and specifically for cat pee, and we ended up pouring it all over, drops weren’t cutting it.
Even so, it never actually went away. Got lightly better, but was always there. I don’t know how cat owners do it.
Was still noticeable a year and a half later when we moved out.

We have outdoor cats. I’ve rescued hundreds of cats.

Cats are destructive *******s, as you found out. One of ours had a habit of sleeping on my motorcycle. Fine, until I realized she was also using the seat as a scratching post. She is no longer allowed in the garage.

Her name is “Lucky.” She’s still alive, so she has earned that name.

I had a stray Tom cat pee on a tool cabinet , peeled the paint and rust started .
I had an Airedale for 11 years . We were certified cat free 11 years running .
Wife decided she needed cats .
A contractor I had worked for some 50 years ago was trapping cats that got under his trailer house. So he offered me his weekly catch .
Wife put them in old green house with one small opening for them to get out of and fed them in there out of harms way.
With in a week the Airedale cleaned them all out .
So another Trip to contractor rounded up another 5 nice cats.
About 2 days later a lady in town calls me . She tells me she knows the contractor has been trapping cats and is sure I have hers here at farm. I tell her she is more then welcome to come out here for a look see. She says "no just call it and it will come ". "OK" I said , "what's its name ?"
Her...... "Kitty Kitty"
I've been on her s*** list ever since.

Sorry that cat is still wasting the air the rest of us could be breathing. Like all (house)cats.

Makes me glad I no longer have any cats. Years ago I was in the telecommunications business (I was in charge of it for the entire state university system in NJ). For 1988, I had a rather unusual house as I had run Ethernet all over the house along with 25 pair wire and had about eight phone lines hooked up (one connected me to the Rutgers campus network 24/7). One day I noticed the phone company was charging me something under a dollar a month for "inside wire maintenance" which I would have never ordered if I had known it was on my bill. Shortly thereafter my phones stopped working. I called the phone company. He came out and checked the demark point and told me that it was in the house wiring. I told him I was paying for the maintenance plan and he could get to work. I led him into the garage where there were a dozen 66 blocks on the wall and told him to have at it.

About a half an hour later he came in and said that he'd isolated it down to one room. I led him to the room and this was an office for one of my roommates and the 66 block was sitting on the floor. He was a bit perplexed and I told him "Can't you smell it? Some cat has peed in the block." This he didn't know what to do with. I suggested if he'd just bring me a new 66 block and a bag of bridge clips, I'd take care of it myself.

A blacklight flashlight will make the affected areas glow.

Hmm, you didn’t strike me as a cat person....

It doesn't have to be a cat. My baby sister, a registered nurse, puked in my camera case while on a very bumpy flight over the Sierras in my 172.

My last cat peed in my violin case while I was practicing. Note the phrase, "my last cat"....he was, indeed, our last cat.

My cat does not like this purrrticular thread. She thinks most of you are just mean cat haters. :eek:

Cats can be jerks, my son got a cat when he moved out. He was not very good at keeping up with the litter box. One time he let it get really bad, so the cat shat on his pillow. He was good for a while, keeping the box clean, then he lapsed again. Didn't the cat do it again. He ended up buying this robot box thing that keeps the litter clean automatically, solved the problem.

Make sure the cat is fixed too.

I'm not a really cat person but years ago I found a very small kitten in a storage shed at work after it's mother wound up in the road with tire tracks on her back. I brought it home and the wife fell in love with it. Turns out to be a Maine Coon. Best cat ever ... unless he pees in my flight bag.

We have two cats, I suspect one but can't rule out the other completely. The one I suspect actually has nearly perfect litter box habits, he always uses it and the only times we've caught him going outside it have been due to a UTI or because he got locked in a room where he couldn't get to the box. The latter might be the cause of this as he's been taking over the bedroom lately and in the mornings my wife gets up early and closes the bedroom door so the noise won't wake me up. The flight bag was in the bedroom... in the past when given no better option this cat has always crawled into the most box-like option to go in. Highly likely this is what happened.

Cat #2 is female and super litter box finicky. Her usual thing is #2s outside the box though, not so much pee. She frequently does this right after the box has been dumped and cleaned or when the box has been dirtied. For her there seems to be an ideal range of soiled but not too soiled for her to use the box. I have been been making her a mandatory part-time outdoor kitty when the weather is decent. It would be full time but she eventually slips back in...

Our litter setup here is in an essentially unused bathroom in the basement- one of those unfinished deals with a concrete floor with a drain and just a basic shower head and curtain. I have their box in that location so that when I dump and clean it, I can just hose out the entire area.

Long term I've already decreed these are our last indoor cats, very tired of this BS but living here in the woods I know the cats likely wouldn't last long if left outside all the time and I just don't quite have the heart to do it.

Bag doused in natures miracle and vinegar... now in the washing machine.
In our cat hospital we used a product called Anti-icky-poo. But Natures Miracle is good too. They are both enzyme based which is what is needed to break down the odor. Did you give the Natures Miracle time to work before you washed it out?

If this is new and recurring behavior it could well be a medical or a behavioral problem on the part of the cat which should be checked out by a vet that knows cats. Most dog docs don't*. Medical problems are easier to diagnose and treat than behavioral. Where is your cat's litter box? When we heard about problems like this, one of the common answers was "in the laundry room". Washers and dryers tend to scare cats so they go elsewhere.

If this continues, see a vet, or PM me for more advice.

*disclaimer: many dog docs do well with cats, but cats are not just little dogs; they are really different and some dog docs don't even like cats. That tends to result in not giving them as much attention during continuing education.

We clean the kitty litter every day and no problems. Only takes a minute or two. Cats won't use the litter if it is soiled.
My dog had its own door and goes out side. going on 10 years now. mini Schnauzer

I'm not a really cat person but years ago I found a very small kitten in a storage shed at work after it's mother wound up in the road with tire tracks on her back. I brought it home and the wife fell in love with it. Turns out to be a Maine Coon. Best cat ever ... unless he pees in my flight bag.

Our last cat was part Maine Coon. Small for a Maine Coon, but had the looks and personality. He was the sweetest cat I've ever known, and I've known some very sweet cats over the decades. We miss that screwball a bunch.

I think it was telling you it wanted skydiving lessons! wonder if they land on their feet from 3000agl

I think it was telling you it wanted skydiving lessons! wonder if they land on their feet from 3000agl
Even higher than that as the Red Bull Stratosphere parachute jump discovered...

upload_2020-6-2_0-1-43.gif

Back