Votes: 11 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • Yes, but I feel peer pressure to say no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I feel peer pressure to say yes

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Yes! Every chance I get! There are very few things I do for my wonderful wife that make her happier than me washing her car. I enjoy the whole process, knowing I am doing something for her.

You Sir, are a Gentleman and a Steely Eyed Missile Man! She must be remarkable to deserve your care and that makes you a lucky guy.

Yes! Every chance I get! There are very few things I do for my wonderful wife that make her happier than me washing her car. I enjoy the whole process, knowing I am doing something for her.
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...

hehehe.. just kidding. I feel the same way about your wife....

hehehehe... just kidding again. I feel the same way about MY wife... except for the part about washing her car.

Yes.

I also get her flowers.

Nah, I just burn it and make it look like an accident. Then she gets a new car with the insurance money.

Perhaps I shouldn't reveal this awesome plan...

I figure the secret's safe here...

:p

Nah, I just burn it and make it look like an accident. Then she gets a new car with the insurance money.

Perhaps I shouldn't reveal this awesome plan...

I figure the secret's safe here...

:p

you could try to land it gear up

....er, no

Sorry for the thread drift, but this is why I have refrained from having a boat. My stepfather had a boat and I really enjoyed going out in it, but we only went a few times a year, which really inflates the per-use cost. And I always had to clean it when we got home to keep the salt water from eating it up. I have been looking at the ads for a local boat club that has a seemingly high entry and rental fee, but they have quite a variety of boats for almost any occasion. I am trying to do the math to see if it is worth paying their fees rather than buying a boat, dealing with the depreciation, maintenance, insurance and all the hassle of storage and cleaning and other ownership issues, and then deal with selling a used boat in a few years.

Depends on how much you like going out on a boat. We have a boat, a 21 foot bowrider. Mostly we use it for tow sports. This is the fifth season we've had it, and I find we go out on it about 12 times a year. If you do something on the water like tow sports or fishing, you should buy a boat, provided of course it fits in your budget. Our all in cost including depreciation is about $6500 per year, with $2900 going towards dry stack storage. It's very low maintenance, it gets an oil change once a year and some points get lubricated, and a squirt of fogging oil. So far, the only unexpected expense was $110 to unclog a water inlet port when we got too close to shore and sucked some debris into it.

Being that it is in fresh water and is stored out of the water and under a roof, it stays nice. I go up and clean it twice a year, there's a wash rack at the marina which makes things easy. If you're looking at the boat club, depending on what type of boat you're considering and its age, you may be surprised at how slowly most of them depreciate. In 2015 I went looking for a used boat like ours, which is the most popular one in its class, and found no inventory. We wound up buying this one, which is a 2015 model, at the 2016 boat show. We've enjoyed it so much that we added a Waverunner last year, mostly for my daughters' use. I've found that I really like it. If I didn't have a family or a friend group that wanted to go out, I'd just get a Waverunner, I find I enjoy riding it rather a lot, which I did not expect.

Can't take the car to a wash machine, it scratches it up and I'm not letting some other person wash it either cause they will scratch it up. The car is black so I wash it a certain way to avoid swirls and scratches. Yeah it still gets some but I take care not to add much. It pains me to see black cars all swirled up and scratched all over.

But lesson learned..NEVER BUY A BLACK CAR AGAIN! It looks mean but it's a pain. My white truck I run through the auto wash.

This is my 3rd black vehicle.... some people never learn. Sigh. Hand wash here too and it is not a small task to hand wash and detail a pickup

This is my 3rd black vehicle.... some people never learn. Sigh. Hand wash here too and it is not a small task to hand wash and detail a pickup

White isn't any better.

I am thinking flat camo for the next car.

This has been my every day ride for 11 years. This color hides dirt, smudges, bird douque, automatic car wash marks etc. better than even white in sofla grunge. Some of the dark greys are very forgiving too.E62F3C1E-1668-43D3-BFB8-0D5C158AE0B6.jpeg. Macadamia. Kind of looks like a metalic root beer.

Nothing looks sexier on a vehicle than glossy black. It also only looks like that for a few minutes before the dust and pollen settles on it, lol.

My pewter colored '00 Camaro hid dust and road spray fairly well. Our next vehicle (probably a '18-'19 Expedition) will be Silver, Black, or White according to my wife's order of preference.

You should take that god awful bumper guard off her too.
Stop it! I like it! Hahaha

FCA started shipping them hot pink now to encourage people to take them off. The yellow happens to match the yellow on the scatpack bee. Im really close to removing it though.

I predict the day is coming when the resale value of a vehicle will be adversely impacted if it doesn't have the original plastic wrap still on the steering wheel, or the floor mats have ever been installed.

Also, for our women members, I didn't ask the questions whether you wash your husband's cars, since I honestly have never heard of a wife washing her husband's car. Not to say it's never happened, but I've just not heard of it.

I wash my husband’s car... :p But for full disclosure: we wash the cars together.

Too many cars and not enough time- I have a detailer come to the house and clean a few at a time.

What is “washing the car”?

I think it has something to do with getting it wet. Not an issue here in the Pacific Northwe(s)t. It happens all by itself. Then you wind up with something like my 1999 Jeep Wrangler - plenty of moss growing on it.

I'm actually the wife and I always wash all of the cars. My husband works hard so I don't mind washing the truck just like he doesn't mind taking all 4 of our kids to help grocery shop.

I've always loved being outside washing the cars.

I'm actually the wife and I always wash all of the cars. My husband works hard so I don't mind washing the truck just like he doesn't mind taking all 4 of our kids to help grocery shop.

Didn't I see you on Cool Hand Luke?

But yes. I take my wife's car to the car wash.

I have washed my wife cars many times over the year since we have a pressure washer that is always hooked up ready to use at home.

But most of the time my wife has hers washed at the car wash since I give her a car wash book of car washes for her birthday and Xmas every year. She has always kept her cars clean, especially now that she got a new one last fall.
My pickup truck has a gas tank in the bed and the car wash won't let me go through anymore. So I wash it myself every so often and it is a big truck. uuuggghhh!!

Our convertible GT has not been washed with water in years. I use the same glaze on it as I do the airplane.

Last edited:
Looks like the first day you brought it home from the dealer. it still has that goofy shipping protector on the air dam. If my wife left that on her car I certainly wouldn't wash it.
3 years later and that picture still bothers you haha. You already commented to me about it and yes it has been removed.
IMG_1797.jpeg

3 years later and that picture still bothers you haha. You already commented to me about it and yes it has been removed.
View attachment 117991
Beautiful Challenger, Hellcat?
I have been a fan since 1976 when I learned to drive.
I have restored these 2 and half of another.
MVC-012S-1.jpg

1980s paint job on the black 74.
MVC-009S-2.jpg

Beautiful Challenger, Hellcat?
I have been a fan since 1976 when I learned to drive.
I have restored these 2 and half of another.
MVC-012S-1.jpg

1980s paint job on the black 74.
MVC-009S-2.jpg
Wow those are nice! True American muscle right there!!! Mine is a scat pack. I should have went hellcat but I can’t even keep these wheels planted with 500hp so I cant imagine 200 more hahaha. I do love the supercharger whine though of a hellcat!

The only washing our cars get is driving through the rain at highway speeds on our commutes. Seems to work pretty well.
As some of you may know, the Rockies have been in. monsoon season for a couple weeks, and no indication of it ending. Every afternoon and evening, TStorms. Some bad enough to shut down DIA. I take the car out of the garage and let Mother Nature wash the car. Of course I have to vacuum the interior, but I do that at the hangar when I clean out the cherokee after a Young Eagles rally. The slope of the windshield makes it almost impossible to clean the interior of the window.

My white stuff just turns tan. Not so bad. :)
Until this year, the two previous cars (both Fords) were "champagne". Or as I describe it, the color of dirt. Couldn't tell if the car was clean or not. Unfortunately, Ford got rid of the color.

I have never met a wife (including my own) or girlfriend (including those of my own) who are okay with me touching their vehicles beyond occasionally riding in the passenger seat.

Welcome to POA!

My wife got a new Lexus in February. It's been washed three times - by me. She was a little annoyed that I washed it on Sunday, but it had been six weeks, and that car needs to last.

Back