TruTrak Vizion

FlyBoyAndy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyBoyAndy
I'm getting to know my TruTrak Vizion (plane purchased in November), and I'm looking for some information. When setting the field elevation prior to take off I want to know if you can set the 10's of feet. My field elevation is about 470 and when I turn the knob it goes at 500 feet increments. When I hold the button in it goes at 100's and I was wondering if I can get to the 10's. I know I can reset it in the air, but I wanted to know if I can set it on the ground. I did check the manual but no answer and I called the help desk but no answer yet. Thanks for any help.

I'm getting to know my TruTrak Vizion (plane purchased in November), and I'm looking for some information. When setting the field elevation prior to take off I want to know if you can set the 10's of feet. My field elevation is about 470 and when I turn the knob it goes at 500 feet increments. When I hold the button in it goes at 100's and I was wondering if I can get to the 10's. I know I can reset it in the air, but I wanted to know if I can set it on the ground. I did check the manual but no answer and I called the help desk but no answer yet. Thanks for any help.

You are not syncing the altimeter, you are selecting the target altitude. The target altitude behaves as you describe - Rotating the knob changes in increments of 500, and pressing the knob and rotating, changes in increments of 100.

To sync the altimeter of the TruTrak, press the ALT button twice, and then rotate the knob until the altitude shown matches what is shown on your altimeter. Press the knob to lock in that value.

As pburger stated, you can adjust the altimeter to your field elevation in 10s and single digits. Here's a video that is extremely helpful. (Go to 4:30 on the video to see him adjust the altimeter.)

Love my TruTrak Vizion (now the Bendix AeroCruze or Xcruze autopilot.) It works great.

pburger is right- you have to press ALT twice to sync the baro. you'll be able to get it within 10 feet.

Thanks I was very close. That video is incredible too. I've watched it and missed that part.

Back