I bought a Cherokee 6 for under $30K

I showed it to my family too! So well done. Then again, it is his profession.

No click bait whatsoever. He DID buy it for $30k. Watch the video again if anyone fails to understand that part. He then pumped buckets of money into it to make it a Cinderella story. It was very entertaining and everyone here wishes you the best for you and your family. You have talent, and it shows.

To any negative comments...sheesh, calm down and enjoy life as it’s short.

Cheers!

I didn't find it on youtube. He click baited here. Otherwise I'd never have seen it.

This wasn't some build-log or bought a project type thing, which it may have been, right up until the detail questions began with no answers. Why would he answer? He's got his clicks already.

I think I'm with @Doc Holliday at this point.
Hey all I'm back here after a day or two away shooting a little more for a future video and catching up on responses on other internet outlets. I'm stoked at the response on this video and I have been able to connect with so many people through email, DM, by phone and even in person at my hangar (still 6 feet apart and not touching common surfaces). I've been able to answer a lot of specific questions about this project, flying, and aviation in general...and have been trying to answer every comment on youtube. I have had many comments from people saying that they are going to look in to getting a PPL or look into buy that plane they've always been dreaming about and I couldn't be more thrilled about this because my goal with these videos is to share aviation and the happiness it has brought me. I did put some numbers in the description of the video but am happy to answer specific questions as best I can. Thank you all for the nice feedback about the video. I hope those with a more cynical outlook find the joy in life to stay optimistic.

I enjoyed your vid flying from Camarillo to Van Nuys. Liked your honesty when mentioning your initial sense of dread when going into clouds. Gives us new students hope!!

Hey all I'm back here after a day or two away shooting a little more for a future video and catching up on responses on other internet outlets. I'm stoked at the response on this video and I have been able to connect with so many people through email, DM, by phone and even in person at my hangar (still 6 feet apart and not touching common surfaces). I've been able to answer a lot of specific questions about this project, flying, and aviation in general...and have been trying to answer every comment on youtube. I have had many comments from people saying that they are going to look in to getting a PPL or look into buy that plane they've always been dreaming about and I couldn't be more thrilled about this because my goal with these videos is to share aviation and the happiness it has brought me. I did put some numbers in the description of the video but am happy to answer specific questions as best I can. Thank you all for the nice feedback about the video. I hope those with a more cynical outlook find the joy in life to stay optimistic.

I really enjoy all of your videos. I am interested in your panel set up. Do you normally fly with the trutrak connected to the IFD or the HDX? Thanks

I really enjoy all of your videos. I am interested in your panel set up. Do you normally fly with the trutrak connected to the IFD or the HDX? Thanks
It's almost always with the IFD as the source. I find that if ATC assigns a heading I can just dial the track in on the TT head unit and it is close enough for them. If not I can adjust a couple degrees. Its nice to have the HDX able to control it and wish it could do GPSS with the HDX as source because then I would exclusively use the HDX so I dont have to set ALT and VS in two different places (on TT unit to command AP and on HDX for visual/audible bugs).

Thanks for all the positivity and encouragement. I can understand wanting to know the total amount of money put in and I'll probably do a follow up video that gets in to the nitty gritty if I can stomach looking back through spreadsheets and expenses, etc... When I started putting videos on youtube, I figured I would encounter negativity along the way no matter what I do. :) I'll just try to do the best I can and be true to what I love about aviation.

How do you not post the costs when your absurd title is "I bought a Cherokee 6 for under $30k"? I would agree it was nobody's business... until it became absurd YouTube click bait.

That's tantamount to "I bought a McMansion for $75k", followed by, well that was the improved lot only... then I spent $800k on construction. Kinda misleading way to get the click.

Well there ya go. Some people just can't enjoy things.

I think your videos are awesome.

LOL. As a creator, all you really want is to make the best stuff you can and hope it finds an audience that enjoys it. :)

Sure beats buying a red Corvette when you turn 40!
40?? Holy Christ I just turned 40 and the thought of me being dead center of midlife crisis mode is making me sad.

40?? Holy Christ I just turned 40 and the thought of me being dead center of midlife crisis mode is making me sad.
your 40s are the best. don't sweat the crisis- it gives you clarity.

The negativity is ridiculous from some people! "I bought a Ferarri for 5 grand!" Would anyone expect it to have an engine? I think you did it the perfect way; how I hope to when I finish my PPL and commit to a purchase. Buy cheap but solid and build what you want. If it comes out worth anything near what you put in it, even better! I just started on my license out of Van Nuys, but already shopping for the dream plane. Not very far off from what you have built. As a video engineer, I love to see others in the biz doing well. Fly Safe.

The negativity is ridiculous from some people! "I bought a Ferarri for 5 grand!" Would anyone expect it to have an engine? I think you did it the perfect way; how I hope to when I finish my PPL and commit to a purchase. Buy cheap but solid and build what you want. If it comes out worth anything near what you put in it, even better! I just started on my license out of Van Nuys, but already shopping for the dream plane. Not very far off from what you have built. As a video engineer, I love to see others in the biz doing well. Fly Safe.
Learning out of Van Nuys is great. When you're done you'll be ready to fly in just about any airspace and to any airport!

View attachment 85413 Holy cow! 400k views, and you did that without a picture of an attractive female on the splash page!

Obviously a lot of people enjoyed the video. I know I did.

But true to form, there's always SGOTI that reacts to lighthearted fun by being a total ass.

Back