Funny conversation with my wife

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
So the wife and I were talking about what we need done before I go back to work. I will be leaving for 5 weeks living in a man camp when I work.

Her 3 things she would like done before I leave are
- change the exhaust duct for the cloths dryer
- bring the compressor back from the hangar
- get the lawn mower ready to use

Funny thing is I brought the compressor to the hangar 2 years ago. She really misses it. She blows out garage, drive way, fills her car tires. It's "her favorite power tool".

Easy list to complete, moving compressor will be the hardest one to do.

She also borrowed a pasta tool for the kitchen aid and wants me to make linguine before I leave.

How fun is that? Tami is a great girl and we have fun together.

I agree, buy her another compressor that is all hers. Sweet gift.

I agree, buy her another compressor that is all hers. Sweet gift.
That.
I really like the California Air Tools compressors - WAY quieter than my %@#$ing obnoxious Sears compressor which now lives at the airport. I have one in my shop, one in my lab at school and I've had the school buy two more for other labs. You can stand next to it and carry on a conversation.

Wow, I am also married to a "Tami." I thought I was the only one. I must agree....Tami is a great girl and we have fun together.

BTW, we have three compressors. I found one on the street and repaired it after I already had one at home and one in the hangar. The "new" one is a 30 gal with a hose real and blows out the garage. it is a small world.

Always good to have a supportive and low maintenance wife. I'm not sure my wife or I have ever told the other "no" on something, but we've also known when not to ask.

I agree, get her a compressor for the house. Good to have one in each location anyway.

That.
I really like the California Air Tools compressors - WAY quieter than my %@#$ing obnoxious Sears compressor which now lives at the airport. I have one in my shop, one in my lab at school and I've had the school buy two more for other labs. You can stand next to it and carry on a conversation.

We have two of them, by far the quietest compressors I ever had.

I'll third that recommendation for California air tools. They are a bit heavy but so nice and quiet. My old cheapo harbor freight 3 gallon compressor is so loud and obnoxious that it has been replaced despite being indestructible.

When is her BD, I can think of no more sentimental gift than a 30 gallon air compressor!

What's even better is the gift of an air compressor solves the gift giving issue for some time after.
There's all the essential air tools that arrive at subsequent Christmases, anniversaries and BDs. ;)
There's nothing better a pilot can give to their spouse to symbolize the strength of their marriage bond than a pneumatic rivet gun. :D

I can't imagine trying to blow out a garage with an air compressor. I'd think a cheap electric leaf blower would be much more effective. Doesn't help with car tires, but even a cheap pancake compressor or similar can handle that duty.

I can't imagine trying to blow out a garage with an air compressor. I'd think a cheap electric leaf blower would be much more effective. Doesn't help with car tires, but even a cheap pancake compressor or similar can handle that duty.
I took a regular air gun with a threaded end to screw the rubber tip on. Took some 3/16' ID brake line about 1 foot long and adapted it to the air gun. Works great blowing out the garage, blowing down spider webs and such..

Well we have not had to use it this year. But it does get used from time to time...:lol::lol:

I live in the high desert and have two lawn mowers and a weed whacker. Grass doesn't grow here but some of the nastiest, ugliest weeds grow like wild fire here. The war against weeds started here a month ago...

That.

I was just going to say that. Quiet and light!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took a regular air gun with a threaded end to screw the rubber tip on. Took some 3/16' ID brake line about 1 foot long and adapted it to the air gun. Works great blowing out the garage, blowing down spider webs and such..
I get it, but it still seems like it would take a long time to do given the 4-5cfm of air most compressors are capable of producing. To each their own though.

I get it, but it still seems like it would take a long time to do given the 4-5cfm of air most compressors are capable of producing. To each their own though.
4-5 CFM, no thanks for me, but I am spoiled. The link I posted above provides 1071 CFM! Bill or his wife could even use it to clear the driveway of dry snow.

Mine air compressor works so well in the shop doing that I was seriously considering running a line over to the house and do it there as well. Vacuum cleaners are such a pain. Unfortunately. Mrs. GRG55 exercised her unlimited "better-half" veto.

I've ended up with four air compressors. Originally, one was in the house in VA, one in the hangar at CJR, and one in the house/hangar in NC. They're all here now.

Oddly, during construction of the house, my cordless drill walked off, but I seem to have inherited another portable air compressor.

I point out to Margy that my air is too large, which is why I need to be constantly compressing it.

I can't imagine trying to blow out a garage with an air compressor.
Actually they work great. A 3' to 4' blow gun and 120psi does the trick quite nicely. But, yeah, a leaf blower works works equally well. I use either. The leaf blower if I'm doing the entire property after mowing, the air compressor if I'm just doing the garage.

95460AF9-FD2D-433D-987F-EC2308F836FE.jpeg

I was seriously considering running a line over to the house
Visited a friend at a Sequim WA residential air park. He built his hangar home, there's a compressed air tap in every room. He regularly blows the lint off his clothing...

Back