GA Formation Fly Over US Cities.

For you grumpy guys complaining that the flyovers are a waste of resources or that pilots shouldn’t be flying, their budget for the flight time was set some time ago. They’re going to fly one place or another regardless. I expect the planes and type of flying they do takes just a bit more frequency to stay outstanding than what most of us fly.

Not sure anybody here said that, although I might have missed it. The ANG did a fly over in Mass. last week, the commander did pre-empt any criticism by saying that this was a scheduled practice flight for the 4 f-15s, they just planned a different route and much lower altitude. It was very well received by the public.

My reply was not to you but someone who attempted to justify a flyover in order to celebrate newly unemployed ( and probably quite desperate ) healthcare “heroes” , which is basically an exercise in stroking your own ego. I am not against flyovers but they can be perfectly executed and be just as enjoyable without any underlying “cause”...

The staff at Brooks Army Medical Center appreciated it. But honestly, they would appreciate the bars being allowed to open in San Antonio even more.

12:04. This is how fast it can go wrong and why the wingman is utterly devoted to watching the separation.

Take the money you were going to spend on avgas for this flight and give it to your local food bank. That way you'd actually help someone. The military fly overs are cool, and I'm sure they all have "use it or lose it" budgets, so they might as well use it. Different case for what you are proposing.

The F15s were playing around over the White Mountains in NH today. Heard them all morning, finally saw one near Squam Lake around noon time. Cool stuff.

I’m game, with the proper safety precautions and prep (no different than the big GA formations that fly into OSH).

Cessna 182 - Halfway between Chicago and Indy here.

Prop full forward for noise.

I'd like to see @SixPapaCharlie make a video about forming up on the Thunderbirds if they do a Dallas flyover.

I didn't attempt to form up on them, but I did fly over Austin at 3000' when they did their flyover much lower.

I'd like to see @SixPapaCharlie make a video about forming up on the Thunderbirds if they do a Dallas flyover.

I didn't attempt to form up on them, but I did fly over Austin at 3000' when they did their flyover much lower.

I ... just have mixed emotions about that. Cool. But adding workload to a controller. And safety concerns. Actually surprised they didn’t close the airspace.

I’ve seen military hardware while airborne a few times. Not chasing them but in the wild. While still in my primary training a pair of F16s flew over us. Wake turbulence was fun.

The AF flew some F35s around the state of Utah not long ago. Their flight path took them right over our house. I’ll maybe upload that to YouTube and add it. Pretty cool stuff.

Back