Alaska Seaplanes my take over Pen Air operations

Watching Seaplanes try to run a 121 would almost be as bad as watching a bunch of New York types try to run a bush airline.

I’m surprised they made it almost 5 years!

Watching Seaplanes try to run a 121 would almost be as bad as watching a bunch of New York types try to run a bush airline.

:lol: And that is when Ravn started going downhill.

The summer I spent at SeaPlanes, I would sit and talk with Steddy about their future. At that time they were already planning on a 121 operation. I believe they will have a good shot at being successful as long as they don't try to grow too quickly, and if they can get PennAir equipment at the right price.

They certainly can't be any worse than MarkAir folks and especially Yute Air when it was operated by Johnson.

Some good companies went away when they decided to get onboard with the group that wanted to monopolize the bypass mail in Alaska. Maybe we can see small privately owned companies flying again in west and north Alaska.

Interesting! I have to wonder if Seaplanes has the management talent to make that actually work.

Having worked at Seaplanes, their now-defunct competition, and a couple of other 135s, I believe they have the talent to do so. What they will use for airframes isn't clear. It appears all they bought was the operating certificate as Penair's Saabs were leased. I'd bet they start with Caravans, although they just took delivery of another PC12.

I've known the ownership at Seaplanes since well before I worked there. Back when they had only three float planes. They skimp on nothing. Best 135 I've worked for. They do know what they're doing but will continue to learn some things along the way. The company is also politically well connected.

I’m surprised they made it almost 5 years!

Seaplanes has been around since 1997. Current ownership group since 2011.

They had 5 Saab 2000s at the time of their BK.
maxresdefault.jpg

Back