To all you youngsters under 30....

At age 61 I can still touch my toes.

That is if you cut them off and hand them to me....

Geez if those guys are like that now, I’d hate to see what another 30 years will be like. ;)

can tell they are faking; they move off way to easily and quickly. Otherwise; all true.

Hell, I can still do (forward) flips...no more back flips though.

full disclosure, it's been about 2 years since I last did one. And I only am tempted when:

a) I'm with long-time friends who knew my teenaged escapades
b) one of them says "Tim can (or will) you still..."
c) I have just the right amount of beer in me.
d) Too little and "f*** you!"
e) Too much and simply "hell no!"
f) just the right amount and it's "hold my beer and watch this!"

I might grow up someday...

...or break my back...

...one of the two.

toSMvfa.jpg

At 37 now, it's a hard shift. Hangovers are real. Weight gain is possible without care. Then again, although I have plenty of grey hair breaking through and I have gained a few pounds since my 20's, there is no balding and I still get carded most of the time (have always looked younger than reality)......I guess that is a win

This video shows what life will be like for you soon. :D

I am more flexible in my 50s than I was in my 30s. I had to lose a lot of weight and got on a better diet and exercise.

At (almost) 71 I can still touch my toes. If I warm up a little I can still palm the floor. All the hair I've lost since I was 25 has been replaced by additional girth.
I "down" better than I "up", and I'm getting close to the point where the floor might as well be the surface of the moon.
But as long as I can pass the physical and climb in a plane, I'm golden.

I actually enjoyed my 30s quite a bit. Kind of the sweet spot between making good money but still young enough to be forgiven if you're not making the best decisions. ;)

But along those same lines, hangovers are a lot worse!

I’m losing hair, my eyes have had work, chest is migrating south, prostate has been poked and prodded more times than I care to remember, but......

When I compare my 64 year old self to others in my age group, I’m doing pretty darn good.

Helps when people think I’m younger than I actually am. That comes from refusing to act my age. ;)

78, touch my toes, ride a bike 30-60 minutes a day, ski 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week in season, among other things, including an occasional Single Malt.

But the FAA says I can't get a medical anymore without mega $ and endless tests that might or might not show the wizards in OKC I am a better risk than a lot of folks. LSA Flying is good enough now but the application of the rules is absurd to me.

Cheers

Back