microsofts new flight sim

The clips on YouTube look stunning. Once upon a time, I remember loading MSFS 1998 for the first time and wondering how the graphics could get any better. You know, the version where the engine cowlings of the 737-400 were octagons! ;)

The clips on YouTube look stunning. Once upon a time, I remember loading MSFS 1998 for the first time and wondering how the graphics could get any better. You know, the version where the engine cowlings of the 737-400 were octagons! ;)
LOL. Yeah back then it was state of the art. Can't wait for the new sim. Just hope I can afford a computer good enough to run it :)

Unsafe RV, Does your son look at a screen or is he wearing a VR headset?

It has come a long way since 1984!

54233734_10216736477075658_2444749694744657920_n.jpg

Any ETA for MS2020 sim? It has been pushed back several times and lastly, because of the pandemic.

It looks to me as too good to be true product. I hope not...

Thank you
Mohamed

It has come a long way since 1984!

54233734_10216736477075658_2444749694744657920_n.jpg

I think that is still pretty impressive from the time.

wonder how much pressure they had, temptation to release the new one now, when so many folks were going stir crazy in stay-at-home.

wonder how much pressure they had, temptation to release the new one now, when so many folks were going stir crazy in stay-at-home.
But then the conspiracy theorists would accuse Bill Gates of releasing the Corona Virus In order to sell more copies of MSFS.

Unsafe RV, Does your son look at a screen or is he wearing a VR headset?
He has vr but I don’t think he has used it yet with it. I can’t say much as he did have to sign I NDA but it’s impressive.

I know there are a few members here that are part of the alpha test, bound by a NDA, of course.

Minimum PC specs were release a few weeks ago. It looks like it will run and a pretty nice range of hardware. Private beta test is scheduled to start in mid/late July. Speculation on my part, but that suggests to me a release in 4th quarter at the earliest.

At the end of the day, it’s still a desktop simulator, but a pretty darn impressive one. I know I’m really looking forward to it.

1) Is Rod Machado offering his funny instruction?
2) Missions?

The missions in MSFX were fun. I hope they offer the same.

3) Also multi player? Then we can all “fly” together!!

Back