New purchase suggestions!

Well you have a lot more experience flying than I do, and I intend on using this aircraft for recreational purposes only. I'm starting to lean more towards a partnership, especially since I'm buying in cash. I'd prefer not to put myself in debt, so if I can find a couple stand up guys to go in with me, we could probably get a nice one for 50-60k it seems.

But no one in my area seems to be biting at my craigslist ad =(
Actually thought you bit on the Cherokee 180 that was up here for sale for 17,500. I sent the seller a question about its recent use and he replied 2 days later saying it was sold. Definitely needed new avionics, but at 17,500 it would have been a possibility as long as a prebuy didn't show it as trash.

Have you posted anything at the local flight school/FBO/ airport diner (if you have one) to see if you can garner some more interest?
I haven't, but I've been thinking about doing that. I'm not even sure if any of my local FBOs or flight schools are open right now. I need to check!

I haven't, but I've been thinking about doing that. I'm not even sure if any of my local FBOs or flight schools are open right now. I need to check!
The school in Bremerton is open but it was my understanding they aren't allowing new students. We had some rules to follow. No guests inside the building with me, I could only take family members with me on a flight if they have been living in my house and haven't shown signs of Covid, had to sanitize the touch points in the plane before I started my preflight.

Actually thought you bit on the Cherokee 180 that was up here for sale for 17,500. I sent the seller a question about its recent use and he replied 2 days later saying it was sold. Definitely needed new avionics, but at 17,500 it would have been a possibility as long as a prebuy didn't show it as trash.
I don't think I ever saw that one. Where was it listed?

The school in Bremerton is open but it was my understanding they aren't allowing new students. We had some rules to follow. No guests inside the building with me, I could only take family members with me on a flight if they have been living in my house and haven't shown signs of Covid, had to sanitize the touch points in the plane before I started my preflight.
I can't wait until all this madness is over!

I don't think I ever saw that one. Where was it listed?
It was listed on craigslist but only lasted about a week. Looked like a rattlecan paint job with old avionics. I asked when it flew last and how old the annual was as the ad said AD's complied with as of 2015 which made me think its been sitting for 4 or 5 years. By the time the seller responded though he said it was sold.

It was listed on craigslist but only lasted about a week. Looked like a rattlecan paint job with old avionics. I asked when it flew last and how old the annual was as the ad said AD's complied with as of 2015 which made me think its been sitting for 4 or 5 years. By the time the seller responded though he said it was sold.
Oh! That actually sounds familiar. The "AD's complied with as of 2015" part had me questioning how long it was sitting as well. Yeah that one went quick.

I'm right there with ya. Its really hard to plan expensive dates for mediocre hamburgers when all the diners are closed.
Haha. I married my wife before I decided playing the pilot card on some of my first dates. Shoulda done it, but I'm picky about whom I take up to the moon. My wife is terrified of small planes, but she's slowly warming up to the idea of coming with me. She's gonna freagin' love it.

Haha. I married my wife before I decided playing the pilot card on some of my first dates. Shoulda done it, but I'm picky about whom I take up to the moon. My wife is terrified of small planes, but she's slowly warming up to the idea of coming with me. She's gonna freagin' love it.
My wife was the one that encouraged me to get my certificate after I was terrified on my discovery flight and she was smiling in the back the whole time, now anytime I want to take her up she seems to be a little hesitant. Hopefully that calms down as I take her up more often.

Back