Aviation Ringtones, notification sounds...

danielr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DanielR
I'm currently rocking the 'Cabin Chime' for my notification sound on my Android phone, that I downloaded from an app called Zedge.

However, I'm looking for some others. Maybe some of the sounds from the GPWS, as seen (or heard) in the video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs4TwmdH_-w

If anyone knows a good site with quality aviation sounds for notification sounds, I'd greatly appreciate it. I often find sites that have lower audio quality sounds and are not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Holy **** you guys are dorks!

Forgot the smiley face...

:)

How about an Airbus overspeed warning

RETARD! RETARD! RETARD!

Retard Retard Retard is the aural tone made when landing not over speeding.

Still and all, what an insult for a machine to hurl at a skilled and dedicated pair of aviation professionals!

The lady in my 496 would be fun...especially when she says it for the third our fourth time coming into non-charted airstrips..."terrain, terrain, pull up, PULL UP"

You mean to say that is a normal annunciation and not a warning? What were the designers thinking? that a pilot would have to be told to pull power back when landing? :dunno:

That's weird

So, what is the overspeed warning on an Airbus? :yikes:

How about an Airbus overspeed warning

RETARD! RETARD! RETARD!

I thought the computer was just insulting the pilot.
Bueno.

The last couple of times I flew I was sitting up front (Airtran Business Class) and while boarding the cockpit door was open while the pilot pushed the test button that runs through all the litany of aural annunciations. There were some very confused passengers sitting around me.

Back about 20 years ago there was a guy who flew for UPS that used to run from Louisville up the Philly every day and I met him and his FO for dinner while they unloaded/reloaded the plane. I've got a photo of the 767 in lamp test mode (which also kicks through all those alerts). You can also see the pilots arm just below the throttle quadrant holding the fire test buttons down so both of those were lit up. I've got to find that slide in my collection. It's a pretty cool shot.

Last edited:
I've got a photo of the 767 in lamp test mode (which also kicks through all those alerts). You can also see the pilots arm just below the throttle quadrant holding the fire test buttons down so both of those were lit up. I've got to find that slide in my collection. It's a pretty cool shot.

If you ever come across it, and don't mind posting it, I would love to see it!

You mean to say that is a normal annunciation and not a warning? What were the designers thinking? that a pilot would have to be told to pull power back when landing? :dunno:

That's weird

So, what is the overspeed warning on an Airbus? :yikes:

On an AirBus there is a Power Lever detent for 'cruise power'. You manage the descent and approach with the FMS. You tell the plane via the 'box' and FCP what altitude and airspeed you want to fly. The approach is flown via the automated systems.

However, there comes a point in the rollout when you want to transition to the magic box controlling the engines and you want to control them with the power levers. In order to do this you need to pull those things (the power levers) that you've not dealt with since take off...back to taxi power.

If you try to slow down on the runway with the power levers in the detent you are going to have a bad day. Airbus realized this and made an annunciator to remind pilots to pull the little metal and plastic things back a bit or everybody is going to die. Hence: "RETARD! RETARD! RETARD!"

See? Makes perfect sense.

The lady in my 496 would be fun...especially when she says it for the third our fourth time coming into non-charted airstrips..."terrain, terrain, pull up, PULL UP"

I always thought it was just in my head that there was emphasis on the third "PULL UP", as in "You dummy, I SAID PULL UP!". Glad to know someone else hears it, too.

Airbus realized this and made an annunciator to remind pilots to pull the little metal and plastic things back a bit or everybody is going to die. Hence: "RETARD! RETARD! RETARD!"

So the FMC takes care of virtually everything during the entire flight and as soon as the wheels hit the pavement it drops the ball and tries to kill everyone? :eek:

Awesome idea, I will have to look for some of my tones when I get home and I'll post them here.

UPDATE: I have converted 4 aviation ringtones to M4R format for iPhones.
Pull Up, Terrain-terrain, Wind-shear, Glide-slope

Last edited:
Awesome idea, I will have to look for some of my tones when I get home and I'll post them here.

UPDATE: I have converted 4 aviation ringtones to M4R format for iPhones.
Pull Up, Terrain-terrain, Wind-shear, Glide-slope

And??? Post em? :)

Here are 5 mp3 aviation related ringtones that I have uploaded.
If you need an iPhone version let me know via PM so that I can send it to you by email since it will not allow me to upload that format on POA.

Attachments

• AutoPilot.mp3
    313.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Terain Terain.mp3
    397.1 KB · Views: 424
  • Glide Slope.mp3
    22.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Wind Shear.mp3
    56.4 KB · Views: 244
  • Pull Up.mp3
    29.4 KB · Views: 324
Here are 5 mp3 aviation related ringtones that I have uploaded.
If you need an iPhone version let me know via PM so that I can send it to you by email since it will not allow me to upload that format on POA.

Almost had a heart attack playing the autopilot ringtone. Speakers too loud! :yikes:

David

Bitchin' Betty from the F-18 would be cool.

Searched high and low for the Master Caution tone, let me know if you ever find it.

And OBTW, love the Zulu in the cockpit, but best thing thusfar is using them to mow the lawn and listen to music via Bluetooth :rockon:

Last edited:
a5aseju2.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On an AirBus there is a Power Lever detent for 'cruise power'. You manage the descent and approach with the FMS. You tell the plane via the 'box' and FCP what altitude and airspeed you want to fly. The approach is flown via the automated systems.

However, there comes a point in the rollout when you want to transition to the magic box controlling the engines and you want to control them with the power levers. In order to do this you need to pull those things (the power levers) that you've not dealt with since take off...back to taxi power.

If you try to slow down on the runway with the power levers in the detent you are going to have a bad day. Airbus realized this and made an annunciator to remind pilots to pull the little metal and plastic things back a bit or everybody is going to die. Hence: "RETARD! RETARD! RETARD!"

Thanks for the ringtone guys :wink2:

About the “retard”: When you initiate the flare at about 30” the man in the box calls you retard (if you havn’t pulled the thrust levers back by then). He wants to make sure you don’t make a smooth landing ;-). It doesn’t make a difference if you fly manual or auto thrust.

And by the way; the power lever is always in the climb thrust detent with autothrust engaged

Cheers

I used to have my ringtone set to the GPWS altitude countdown (500... 400...), and text messages sounded the flight attendant call chimes. When I changed phones, I stuck with the default stuff.

Hi there, I know this thread is several years old. Unjust wanted to share that there is an App on Apples App Store called 737 Voice for that use.

Cheers
Jens

I'm currently rocking the 'Cabin Chime' for my notification sound on my Android phone, that I downloaded from an app called Zedge.

However, I'm looking for some others. Maybe some of the sounds from the GPWS, as seen (or heard) in the video below...

If anyone knows a good site with quality aviation sounds for notification sounds, I'd greatly appreciate it. I often find sites that have lower audio quality sounds and are not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

My ring tone is the Oshkosh Yodeler. There's only three people I know who have that one (my wife is one).

Just to annoy my liberal friends, my ring tone is the Rush Limbaugh bumper music.
Most of them wouldn't even recognize it.

I have "Pull Up! Terrain" as ringtone and "Minimums, minimums" for alarm

It got weird when I forgot to put my phone in silence at the office

I have "Pull Up! Terrain" as ringtone and "Minimums, minimums" for alarm

It got weird when I forgot to put my phone in silence at the office
I have on my phone one that goes 50 30 10 RETARD! RETARD! from some model airbus.

My text tone is the F/A-18 master caution tone ('deedle deedle') but it's usually silenced because I jump almost every time.
@catmandu If you're still looking maybe I can help.

Nauga,
and his Godzilla ringtone

Nauga,
and his Godzilla ringtone
The roar from the movie monster? Or the opening riff of the Blue Oyster Cult song?

The roar from the movie monster? Or the opening riff of the Blue Oyster Cult song?
The original, about 25 sec into this:

I also have a scramble klaxon as my wife's ringtone but she fails to see the humor in it.

Nauga,
and a man in a rubber suit

I
@flav8r How did you get the .mp3 files to upload?

I must not have the secret handshake...
I got the “whoop whoop, terrain, pull up” to work as my ringtone. You have to download the mp3 then stick it in Garage Band (assuming its an IPhone), then export it as a ringtone. There’s a YouTube vid that explains it.

Back