For Sale WTB SXAR1 Foreflight Sirus XM receiver

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
If anyone wants to get rid of one of these let me know. I don't plan on flying with it, but want to use it when boating.

sxar1_front.jpg

I have one of these. Long story short, you cannot get an XM WX subscription for them any more.

I have one of these. Long story short, you cannot get an XM WX subscription for them any more.

I just saw a guy selling one on facebook, and I was tempted to buy it, but he was being evasive on how well it works, and XM wasn't clear if I could buy a subscription. I am glad that I passed on it.

Sure? I tried to go through the process of renewing mine and it let me get all the way to the payment page. It's still on my XM account as a deactivated device - it was stolen around a year ago (someone jacked my flight bag from my car)

If you want to sell it send me a PM

Last edited:
My subscription was renewed in March. It works great! Far better than ADS-B.

I have one I would sell... PM me an offer. If the offer's high enough, I'll look for the unit. ;) I haven't used it in quite a while, to the point where it may well have the good ol' free subscription for life now because they've stopped transmitting the deactivation code for it. :D

Really? Why not?

Is it that they don't offer the aviation packages, or something specific to the unit? FWIW, I think I activated mine with XM's Master Mariner package. Same price as one of the aviation subscriptions, but with not just all of the data included in the aviation subscription but also a bunch of marine data.

In February this year I had paid for a "SiriusXM Pilot for ForeFlight" subscription after having the subscription lapse in mid 2019. The unit showed "subscription is the wrong package" message. Contacted technical support and they said the device was dropped from support in October. I'd love to be able to be able to get it to work. I did not try any other aviation subscription package (e.g. I don't use Garmin Pilot).

Checked mine yesterday-still works fine

Back