Deep YouTube

apparently its a huge time waster for me as I saw that one years ago, and a billion others involving tools I did not know existed but yearn for!!!!

apparently its a huge time waster for me as I saw that one years ago, and a billion others involving tools I did not know existed but yearn for!!!!

The algorithm has just figured out that I like them and now I’m inundated. Their recommendation engine honestly sucks but eventually figures things out.

I have youtube so confused it doesn’t know whether to suggest Bach cantatas, Enrique Iglesias or Jerry Wagner. Add one of kids in there searching for Unspeakable or Hobbykidstv and it gives up.

Other fun quarantined finds, this dude who reviews keyboards. His collection is massive and he’s really funny when he starts cussing about some god awful thing someone donated for a review.

This one though. All metal. Loud as hell. Customizable. Still works with modern electronics updates... kill somebody with it if you swing it...

Want!

I wonder what the big spring is for.

My first thought was maybe it's a 'buffer' spring at the bottom of an elevator shaft, like this:
PitChannel_Buffer.jpg

But those springs are about a foot long, and the one in the video looks bigger.

Other fun quarantined finds, this dude who reviews keyboards. His collection is massive and he’s really funny when he starts cussing about some god awful thing someone donated for a review.

This one though. All metal. Loud as hell. Customizable. Still works with modern electronics updates... kill somebody with it if you swing it...

Want!

That's a nice one!

I've still never found a keyboard I like as well as the original IBM AT clackity clack keyboards. Dell shipped them for a short time with their high end 486 boxes after IBM divested all that stuff to the Chinese and they were sold as Lenovo? (I know that was the laptop business. I'm not sure who got the PC peripherals...)

This is one of my favorite channels. These guys are in the Netherlands, restoring an old Chinese copy of a Soviet T54/55 tank. They rebuilt the engine, and pretty much everything from scratch. So far, they have it running.

You have to watch different mundane videos ,so you can drive the algorithm crazy.

I sell a version of the machine shown at 7:50. How many do you want Nate? You will qualify for the friends and family (POA) discount :)

Will that thing safety wire an oil filter on a io360?

Ran across these guys due to looking up some tech stuff they do.

Great trio of tech geeks out of Kentucky who dig up some of the most interesting and fun news...

But the best part is Ryan, who’s sarcasm and wit have the best comments.

Right now with social distancing he’s the guy on the left with the unruly cats and horrible audio, so you kinda have to watch older episodes to see him in regular action.

They’re also getting a bit punchy during quarantine right now. Sometimes makes it funnier, sometimes is messing with their usual snarky fun vibe.

They record five shows a week on Sunday, and release throughout the weekdays. Each day has different topics so if say the “government” day isn’t your thing, “business” or “robots” might be.

They also do a great job linking the articles they cover with direct time stamps into the description, so you can just jump to interesting stuff.

When sociable social distancing takes a jump to the left, this happens...

Back