Panel upgrade.182Q

deadeye99

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
deadeye99
I recently upgraded part of my vintage panel. I wanted to add ADSB and WAAS GPS. The options are endless and I didn’t want to get carried away with things I don’t need right now. My old autopilot works as well as the radios.
I traveled a couple hundred miles and took my plane to Jesse Saint. He patiently answered my million questions and this is what I ended up with. I’m very pleased with the look and expanded the capabilities of my airplane quite a bit. Thank you Jesse! 7BF4A025-56BB-4994-B118-56D67F34A826.jpeg 5BBD02AC-54D4-4D08-A291-3E6076154ACC.jpeg

i wish he wasn't that far from nowhere aka where-i-live

Aluminium, powder coated any color you want.

What does the screen on the audio panel do?

Oh, and nice setup!

That looks great! And, seemingly, a very reasonable "middle path" to modern functionality.
(But, admit it, don't you miss the old NorthStar box?)

Looks great indeed! Is that a garmin 375/175? I am supposed to get my plane back this week with a 175 installed. Do you use ForeFlight? I heard you can transfer flight plans to and from ForeFlight to the gps via Connext Bluetooth, but haven’t verified. Just wondered if you tried it?

Looks great indeed! Is that a garmin 375/175? I am supposed to get my plane back this week with a 175 installed. Do you use ForeFlight? I heard you can transfer flight plans to and from ForeFlight to the gps via Connext Bluetooth, but haven’t verified. Just wondered if you tried it?

Thank you.
It is a GNX375. I haven’t tried to transfer the flight plan yet. I wanted to learn how to put it in the 375 first. Every thing I’ve read says it should work.

Ok thanks. I went the 175 route as I already had a garmin 345 installed for ADSB. fyi I've played with the free garmin simulator for the 175/375, and read the pilot manual to get a feel for it. Seems pretty user friendly overall (anything modern would vs my old Apollo gps). I do fly with a ipad mini on my yoke @ foreflight, so being able to transfer changes and plans back and forth seems like it would a great feature. will see in practice though, as it is pretty easy to make changes on the 375/175! look forward to hearing how you like it

Great to hear, thanks deadeye for confirming!

Got mine back yesterday and did a test flight. Sure enough, the iPad and ForeFlight connected and transfers flight plans and changes back and forth easily! Very nice feature.

Got mine back yesterday and did a test flight. Sure enough, the iPad and ForeFlight connected and transfers flight plans and changes back and forth easily! Very nice feature.

Great to hear. In the Bluetooth setup make sure you check the auto reconnect feature. I missed that the first time I connected with everything else going on.

Good point! Thanks

Awesome. I used Jesse for our equipment and support that we installed ourselves under the watchful eye of our a&p. Support was great. Easy to deal with. I will definitely be using Jesse for any future upgrades.

Back