Sony WH1000MX3 anyone?

genna

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ТУ-104
So I’m thinking of getting a pair of ANR consumer headphones to use in various capacity including GA. The choice is a Bose QC35ii or a Sony WH1000MX3. Plenty reviews for Bose as an aviation headset, but I haven’t found one for a Sony yet.

The main idea for GA is to use them on top of my Halo headset as an additional noise reduction. In the future I might get a nflightmic and use them on their own

Does anyone has any experience with them in a GA setting?

The Sony is much better in terms of audio quality, and the ANR seemed on par when I tested them a few months back. I'd get the Sony headset in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Sony is much better in terms of audio quality, and the ANR seemed on par when I tested them a few months back. I'd get the Sony headset in a heartbeat.

this is what I hear in general. Have you tried them in a GA plane though? My understanding is that they reduce noise somewhat differently from Bose

No, just on commercial flights and busy airports. In all honesty I could tell that one ANR was "better" in those instances. I was much more impressed by the audio quality though, it's noticeably better than the Bose.

Back