best explanation of gyroscopic procession I have seen

There was nothing new in that explanation as compared to when I studied for my private pilot written using common sources, but it was still a great visual demonstration. I studied a lot of physics so the explanations read obviously made sense to me, but maybe for some people they need that visual in order to make sense of what they read or what their instructor told them.

I’ve always used a fan as an example. Flip the fan forward and it will turn to the left

vDM8Cqf.jpg

Yeah, I studied (and passed) too... and you know what? I didn't get it other than the P factor on takeoff. The balance of his presentation was superb and eye opening. The very best teachers can take complicated subjects and simplify them. My hat's off to this guy. Well done Spencer.

There's a great demonstration that Damian gives Jill during her tail wheel training. You can see part of it here using a bicycle wheel (go to 1:35) -

Dale

There's a great demonstration that Damian gives Jill during her tail wheel training. You can see part of it here using a bicycle wheel (go to 1:35) -

Dale
That's what my CFI used in ground school. He has a bike wheel ready for students to play with and learn.

Now that I have two G5s and removed the vacuum system do I still need to know? :)
Ever wonder why a left steep turn seems so much easier than a right steep turn?

That's a demonstration of the effects, not an explanation. I remember a line from the Sperry "Fundamentals of Aeronautics" book in college that simply said "An explanation of gyroscopic precession is beyond the scope of this course"

Yea it does that but can you tell me why?

That's a demonstration of the effects, not an explanation. I remember a line from the Sperry "Fundamentals of Aeronautics" book in college that simply said "An explanation of gyroscopic precession is beyond the scope of this course"

Yea it does that but can you tell me why?

Yep, and also can someone please explain exactly why the apple smacked Newton in the head? :)

Back