8 hrs in a Dash 8-200

That's an impressive amount of fuel capacity on-board to make that happen.

Pretty cool little article linked below about air Greenland flying a Dash 8-200 between Copenhagen and Greenland nonstop

https://simpleflying.com/air-greenland-non-stop-turboprop-fligh/

BTDT - but it was in a DC-6. This was over 40 years ago. Coming in low over the icecap, then diving down the incredibly long valley to Sondrestromfjord was awesome. Wx severe clear Going back, however,
was rather unnerving. After takeoff they announced that we would stop for fuel in Iceland. Later I looked out the window and saw Iceland as we passed with no landing. Nothing said about that. Later still they
announced that we would be diverting to Brussels because our destination (Amsterdam) was socked in. On and on we flew, and nothing more was said. Finally it was obvious that we were descending. I was watching
intently, but could see nothing (solid IFR). Finally we were flaring and on the runway. Good landing. Could see the ground. but nothing else. It seemed we taxiied forever before reaching the terminal - but no one
complained. Guess what? We were in Amsterdam after all! No comment on that from the crew. At least the flight was pretty smooth - but overcast or in the soup the entire way.

Dave

BTDT - but it was in a DC-6. This was over 40 years ago. Coming in low over the icecap, then diving down the incredibly long valley to Sondrestromfjord was awesome. Wx severe clear Going back, however,
was rather unnerving. After takeoff they announced that we would stop for fuel in Iceland. Later I looked out the window and saw Iceland as we passed with no landing. Nothing said about that. Later still they
announced that we would be diverting to Brussels because our destination (Amsterdam) was socked in. On and on we flew, and nothing more was said. Finally it was obvious that we were descending. I was watching
intently, but could see nothing (solid IFR). Finally we were flaring and on the runway. Good landing. Could see the ground. but nothing else. It seemed we taxiied forever before reaching the terminal - but no one
complained. Guess what? We were in Amsterdam after all! No comment on that from the crew. At least the flight was pretty smooth - but overcast or in the soup the entire way.

Dave
Impressive stuff. I can only imagine the NDB (and AM radio!) or HF chat there was enroute...

Alex.

Back