Coronavirus Memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunning Kruger - I had to look up that one, to understand the meme.

“In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability.“
The ironic thing is that people only make Dunning Kruger references to show off how smart they think they are.

DKE is not so terrible but it seems to be invariably combined with both an opinionated personality and an overactive desire to 'set the other guy straight'.
Back to your regularly scheduled meme thread.

a0d8d5beed4a4238dd41e1f4b824f5e7.jpg

Lol. I was doing the math and I’d have to find a job that pays more than $15/hr to beat an unemployment check

If I got unemployment right now, I would make my current month's salary in two weeks. In other words, I would have to find a job paying $25/hr to beat unemployment. If only I didn't feel like I would be gaming the system if I asked to be laid off! Does anyone really need that much unemployment?!

If I got unemployment right now, I would make my current month's salary in two weeks. In other words, I would have to find a job paying $25/hr to beat unemployment. If only I didn't feel like I would be gaming the system if I asked to be laid off! Does anyone really need that much unemployment?!

This is going to be a real problem in some areas, workers will be disinclined to return to work when they earn more on unemployment. Of course, they may find the job market tough when everyone's unemployment ends at the same time.

Vote buying 101.

This is going to be a real problem in some areas, workers will be disinclined to return to work when they earn more on unemployment. Of course, they may find the job market tough when everyone's unemployment ends at the same time.

It's already happened. Read an article a day or so ago about a company that went (further?) into debt, borrowing under the new act, to pay employees. The owner was treated poorly by the employees because they would make less.

I may be quitting one of my jobs, for reasons unrelated to this virus.

It's already happened. Read an article a day or so ago about a company that went (further?) into debt, borrowing under the new act, to pay employees. The owner was treated poorly by the employees because they would make less.
That is a problem that should take nano seconds to fix. Oh you make more on umemployment? Congratulations, you just got a raise. Now get your butt in here.

The terms of the loan say a huge chunk of it will be forgiven if the company doesn't lay anyone off. That is free money for the company. What do they care if they have give employees a 'corona' raise in order to get them to come back to work when that raise is being funded with vote buying ...err I mean relief money?

This is a thing but getting a bit blown out of proportion. We were approved and funded under the PPP and have a a few part time employees...which were really casual at will as needed employees that worked for us an others..that we received 8 weeks funding for. All but 1 are better off on Unemployment than taking that offer for 8 weeks of PT pay

The PPP "loan" turns into a forgiven grant if you use the funds 75% for payroll and no more than 25% on rent and utilities. .

While an employee can not legally "turn down" work that is offered while on unemployment (even though there is no work, only pay)...any employees that decline the payments all that happens is that PPP funding gets returned to bank to "repay" that portion of the loan that would not have been forgiven...the $$ either goes to the worker or back to the SBA...so should not really matter to the employer of they do not want the help.

To avoid continuous complaints, the Management Council has decided that the memes posted in the Meme Thread cannot have political content. If they do, they will be deleted. If you want to make a political joke, do so in the joke thread. We have allowed that in the past. However a post in the joke thread must be a JOKE. Do not engage in political debate there either or risk getting a warning or a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back