Additive Manufacturing

ebetancourt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
What skills are required to generate designs for additive manufacturing? To generate the parts?

mechanical engineer or ?

Ernie

What are you looking to do? It can take anywhere from one person who knows cad to a team of 30+ people depending on what you want to do and in what time frame you want to do it.

Are you talking plastic, metal, structural elements, fatigue sensitive parts, high temperature environment, low temperature environment, does it have flow through it, flow over it, is it for an aircraft, etc.

If you are running Windows 10, start with Microsoft 3D Builder. Then work your way up to OpenSCAD, TinkerCad, Fusion 360, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.

Sorry, I wasn’t looking for how to build my skill set but what the right person to team up with to have some general conversation. I officially left my last company last June. Starting to think about starting a fourth one.

This post mostly answered my question, thanks.
If you are running Windows 10, start with Microsoft 3D Builder. Then work your way up to OpenSCAD, TinkerCad, Fusion 360, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
A web search found a conference in September at McCormick Center that I may attend, if the virus hasn't killed us all.

Back