Article: Disinfecting a Modern Cockpit

Good thing we don't have to worry about that stuff, it's for modern cockpits.

I think we also get the idea on how to disinfect steam gauges as well. I fly regular 6 pax and I still need to clean all touch surfaces as yoke, power, throttle, switches, etc. the key point is to leave alcohol for 30 seconds or leave dry on its own before I stay using it.

Thank you
Mohamed

I think we also get the idea on how to disinfect steam gauges as well. I fly regular 6 pax and I still need to clean all touch surfaces as yoke, power, throttle, switches, etc. the key point is to leave alcohol for 30 seconds or leave dry on its own before I stay using it.

Thank you
Mohamed

Sorry, my response was obviously above Class A airspace.

our club said NO disinfecting the cockpits, as it could damage the plastics/etc. Instead, either don't fly or use gloves.

our club said NO disinfecting the cockpits, as it could damage the plastics/etc. Instead, either don't fly or use gloves.

Plenty of disinfectants can be used on plastics. Lysol is perfect. For electronics, just as Garmin and others have put out, isopropyl alcohol is safe.

Any insight using hydrogen peroxide? It decomposes into O2 and H so there's no need to rinse or clean after. I've been using the tiny medical alcohol wipes (70%, little 1 sq inch things used to clean the skin before a shot) on the iPad, and as in the article, spraying alcohol on a papertowel to clean knobs, door handles, yoke, etc. Since I don't have any touch screens in the cherokee, no problem cleaning them. I've always washed the foam headset covers and alcohol wipe the entire headset after anyone uses a headset (think Young Eagles).

Gloves still won’t protect you or your family. All what it take is to touch contaminated surface with gloves and has it’s way through eyes conjunctiva or mouth...

Are you sure that alcohol will damage plastic surfaces? Do you know what Garmin says about that?

Thank you
Mohamed

Fly somewhere hot and sunny. Park it out on the ramp for a few hours in direct sun with windows closed and no shades. Can't imagine any bugs surviving that.

Norway has discontinued flight school flying for now...since you can’t easily keep two meters from each other, unless the CFI is willing to dangle outside on the strut, which he says he isn’t.

Not sure how it is at other schools, but here we can always buy our own headset, but most students use the common DC headsets the school has. Not sure how how one disinfects them or if that could cause damage to the mic.

what was that based on?

Alcohol is not know to damage plastic afaik.

You are lucky. Our club said NO flying the aircraft until....not sure when...

You are lucky. Our club said NO flying the aircraft until....not sure when...
Well, it's an equity club, so our officers and board would have to answer to us if they did something the membership was against. That said, we have a great leadership team (all volunteers) and I trust their judgement and appreciate the work they do for all of us day to day to enjoy flying well maintained aircraft.

Back