Mayor of Auburn Ca passes on departing KAUN

Status
Not open for further replies.
paywall blocked. looks like they want to harvest my email address.

Not sure it's the same airplane, but FAA registration records show Dr. Kirby owned a TU206G.

Ntsb’s twitter account said it was a 206g yesterday. I couldn’t find a tail number or anything in any of the reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For those wanting to read the article but not put in an email. Open in incognito tab. Ta da

Wow, typically for that region, they note shrapnel scattered in the area of the crash.

*72 year old pilot...

Last edited:
558cfc365f7bc75bf0befb992783e00c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What the **** is the point of searching the Airman database and posting the man's name? That's disgusting.

Grow the **** up.

What the **** is the point of searching the Airman database and posting the man's name? That's disgusting.

Grow the **** up.
Oh, please. It'll be on the news, it's not a secret, and it's often done here.

Oh, please. It'll be on the news, it's not a secret, and it's often done here.

In this instance, the man's name had already been splashed all over the press, so posting the Airman's database screen grab was nothing more than immature grandstanding.

If the man's address hadn't been redacted, that would have shown up on the screen grab. Reporters going to the home of air crash victims after learning their personal information on aviation forums has already happened, and in some cases before the family was notified.

The poster received some sort of titillation by being the first one to reveal the dead man's personal information. That's juvenile and disgusting. The media knows they can get more detailed information about airplane crashes on forums like POA, Beechtalk, PPrune, etc. I think it's highly improper that forum members post this information. The media ghouls troll the forums so they can be first to press with the decedant's private details.

Like most of us here, you have experienced the death of close friends in an airplane crash. Did you forget the stinging pain? Do you not recall the grief of the spouse, the young children blinking back tears as the preacher drones on?

Don't you remember the anger you felt when you read the newspaper article that got all of the facts wrong and maligned your friend? Of course it's obvious the information will make its way into websites and in print soon enough. Why should POA be the vehicle for that?

I have enough respect for the dead and their families to consider assisting the vultures a gross invasion of privacy. Let them find out somewhere else.

Last edited:
In this instance, the man's name had already been splashed all over the press, so posting the Airman's database screen grab was nothing more than immature grandstanding.

If the man's address hadn't been redacted, that would have shown up on the screen grab. Reporters going to the home of air crash victims after learning their personal information on aviation forums has already happened, and in some cases before the family was notified.

The poster received some sort of titillation by being the first one to reveal the dead man's personal information. That's juvenile and disgusting. The media knows they can get more detailed information about airplane crashes on forums like POA, Beechtalk, PPrune, etc. I think it's highly improper that forum members post this information. The media ghouls troll the forums so they can be first to press with the decedant's private details.

Like most of us here, you have experienced the death of close friends in an airplane crash. Did you forget the stinging pain? Do you not recall the grief of the spouse, the young children blinking back tears as the preacher drones on?

Don't you remember the anger you felt when you read the newspaper article that got all of the facts wrong and maligned your friend? Of course it's obvious the information will make its way into websites and in print soon enough. Why should POA be the vehicle for that?

I have enough respect for the dead and their families to consider assisting the vultures a gross invasion of privacy. Let them find out somewhere else.
Again, someone just posting a public record. No more, no less.

The article already listed the guys name. It’s been all over the news as he was a public figure. There was some question as to his having a current pilots license in the reports comments. That’s why I posted it. I am curious as to this particular accident as this happened in my home town and there have now been 4 crashes at this airport in the last two years. No grandstanding or lack of respect for the dead. Reporters have already spoken to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back