Flight Plan Go tips and tricks?

Will Kumley

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Will
I've been using the flight plan go app on my iphone since I started the whole learning to fly gig. Its a great app and the price (Free) is ideal for someone like me that is only flying for fun and not making a career out of it. But when I look up how to videos or sites for it they all seem to be very old. Does anyone else use this app and if so where do/did you go to learn any tricks to make things easier when using it?

Used it as a flight department (Pt 135 turboprop charter) for filing, tracking, and weight and balance. We relatively recently made the switch to foreflight for what it's worth.

I like Fltplan Go - I can have an IFR plan on file in a minute flat from my phone with Fltplan Go. My advice would be play around with it on the computer in a normal web browser to get a feel for everything. It seemed that when I was using it, it just scaled down the full view in browser version to fit in the cell phone screen. My experience with it is limited to flight plans, weather, and weight and balance. Good luck!

It is the first app I used when I got back into flying after a 20 year hiatus (and the invention of smart phones, tablets, and GPS FOC in that time). You say it is perfect for you because you don’t aspire to be a professional pilo, but it’s target user is the professional pilot. It evolved from a desktop version to the phone/tablet apps. The apps are at best, “clunky,” as you are finding. If you’ve never done so, I recommend download ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot to your phone and take advantage of their 30 day free trials. You may find one of those apps is well worth the subscription cost. If you do, then you can keep FltPlanGo on your phone as a free emergency backup, as I do.

That’s a long way of saying I don’t know any tricks or where to go for tips.

Back