ATC LAUGHS at Impossible Request…BUT STILL GRANTS IT!!…IMPOSSIBLE airspace made POSSIBLE this ONCE.

Jon Weiswasser

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
J Weiswasser
Newark, LaGuardia, and Kennedy all in one flight…in an RV-8! The unfortunate circumstances of air travel in the country at the moment allowed for a unique opportunity. Is it possible I am the first to land an experimental at any or all of these airports? A little bit of a departure from the regular LIFL episode, but I hope you find interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Is there supposed to be a link in that?

Nevermind, found it.

That was fun.

Last edited:
Very cool!

Good on you for not giving up on JFK after they told you it wasn't possible.

- Martin

Thank you all!!! Love this group..

It was much easier than I thought it would be, tragically. And yes, I have been itching to put out a LIFL episode with the RV. Hoping Ill have more in the future.

Very cool! So, since the low approach turned into a landing at LGA, I guess you could technically have LGA in your log book! :)

Probably good practice for the controllers.

That’s awesome! I was looking on flight aware a few days ago and it looks like a 172 did some touch and go’s at JFK around 3am from FRG.

Thank you! As I said in the video....all you have to do is ask! The worst that happens is that they say no.

Very cool! Love the Eagles tribute. I play in an 80’s rock tribute band so can relate. Those were some low approaches too! Nicely done.

Very cool! Love the Eagles tribute. I play in an 80’s rock tribute band so can relate. Those were some low approaches too! Nicely done.
VERY low approaches ;-) Thanks for watching. Where are you based?

VERY low approaches ;-) Thanks for watching. Where are you based?

Los Angeles for the last 25 years. We just moved to the Bay Area last summer. Doing my PPL out of KLVK.

good stuff!

go to the 5:00 mark to skip getting the atis, taxiing, etc... and get to the meat of the video.

Great video!

You gave me some inspiration for the local class B this weekend :)

Cool video. I'm sure the controllers got a kick out of it too. A brief break in the monotony without many flights coming and going.

I was told that Boston doesn't allow "practice approaches", so I don't think I'd be able to do this at Logan, but it can't hurt to ask.....

Thank you all!

Yeah - about the title. I've never titled a video like that before (check out the other installments on the channel). On the advice of a well regarding and very influential content creator in this space, I did this to help with the silly YT algorithm, which I regret. Sorry. Many apologies.

Thank you all!

Yeah - about the title. I've never titled a video like that before (check out the other installments on the channel). On the advice of a well regarding and very influential content creator in this space, I did this to help with the silly YT algorithm, which I regret. Sorry. Many apologies.

Don't apologize, do what you have to do. If someone isn't going to watch your video because of some CAPITAL LETTERS in the title, then F em, it is their loss.

Thank you all!

I always wondered why so many youtube video titles have what seemed unnecessarily capitalized words, now I understand. No need to apologize.

I love your videos, Jon! Thanks for this one.

That was fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Back