Cessna 152 w/150 HP

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
There are about four of these for sale right now and I never knew there was an STC for this. I know of the C150 with the 150 O-320 upgrades but never the 152 with anything more than the 125 HP Sparrowhawk upgrade.

Any have any experience with these?

There are about four of these for sale right now and I never knew there was an STC for this. I know of the C150 with the 150 O-320 upgrades but never the 152 with anything more than the 125 HP Sparrowhawk upgrade.

Any have any experience with these?
I took photos of one for EAA at Oshkosh. It was used for towing really big banners.

There’s a place in South Alabama with one for rent. Can’t remember the airport...

Last edited:
Don'tcha know that they will adhere to that rule. :)

I know of a C-150 with 200hp. O-360 STC, juiced up to 200hp with new cylinders and a field approval. May be too much of a good thing, but I’d love to get that nose up on takeoff to see what she can do.

When I was in the glider scene in Texas back in the 70's. one of the tow planes was a 150 150. Hauled a two seater like it was nothing.

i learned to tow in a 180 hp 150. That was fun without a glider on the back!!

High powered 150s are not uncommon. Sort of like all the higher powered Grummans out there.

I'm partnered in a 150/150. While fun, the standard tanks and 150HP don't do much for endurance. It's like a nimble, 2 seat 172 that doesn't fly real far.
Hey. I bought a 150/150 about 6 months ago. Big tanks. Big tires and a sportsman stol. I live in the bush of Alaska. Perfect plane for this area. Sold my other O200 c 150.

Back