I flew my plane over 400 parked airplanes in the desert (VIDEO)

"Wow" is right. I wonder how much they're going to end up with given that they said there's even more inbound.

And as usual, great videography!

Great video. That really adds perspective to the current situation. Also interesting on the Southwest 737maxs

Way cool. I live not far away. I know where I'm going in the next few days.

Thanks!

Way cool. I live not far away. I know where I'm going in the next few days.

Thanks!
You should! I think they were just happy to have somebody flying around in the pattern :) They were fine with multiple approaches. I did 2 500 AGL approaches on runway 21 and a low approach on 35.

"Wow" is right. I wonder how much they're going to end up with given that they said there's even more inbound.

And as usual, great videography!
Thanks! Tower controller said they have 50 more SouthWest jets coming in soon. I've read they can hold over 500.

I heard one going into Roswell the other day too, lots of ramp space.

What an awesome video. But it was very surreal, for sure. I hope we never see anything like that again after this is over!

Wow! Impressive.

I drove past ATL at the beginning of this mess and there were planes parked on the far south runway/taxiway (where I285 goes under the taxiway). It was very eerie seeing it even from the ground.

BTW - I love your videos. Your editing style and background music selection is spot on.

Nice job - as usual. I like the way you do you videos - a little understated and not over the top, with good use of editing. I may be a little biased I suppose since I am also a Tiger Driver. Also nice to see a Tiger being put to good use!

Nice job - as usual. I like the way you do you videos - a little understated and not over the top, with good use of editing. I may be a little biased I suppose since I am also a Tiger Driver. Also nice to see a Tiger being put to good use!
You've got good taste in videos and airplanes!! haha Seriously...thanks for the kind words.

I enjoyed that video a lot.

I was surprised to see that FedEx has so many planes parked there. I thought internet retail shopping would be keeping air freight busy. Is it because they lost the Amazon contract?

I enjoyed that video a lot.

I was surprised to see that FedEx has so many planes parked there. I thought internet retail shopping would be keeping air freight busy. Is it because they lost the Amazon contract?
A fedex pilot chimed in on reddit and said business is good and most of those planes are being phased out for more fuel efficient jets.

Glad you liked the video!

Nicely captured, Bryan - even though as a pilot, it hurts me to see all these airplanes stuck on the ground.

- Martin

Nice video. Great music and editing.

Here are the rental cars that are not being driven because of all the people not flying on those planes.

This is the parking area(s) at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. From what I have heard, these are rental cars for Enterprise that they have nowhere to store right now. That's a lot of cars...

20200605_112613.jpg

They just began taking the cars away from the speedway parking. I must’ve seen 30 car Hali,Wes lined up. I wondered if they are going to the auction. May be a good time to shop used cars...

They just began taking the cars away from the speedway parking. I must’ve seen 30 car Hali,Wes lined up. I wondered if they are going to the auction. May be a good time to shop used cars...

Not sure. I noticed that the Enterprise branch nearby has cars back in their lot after being completely empty for a couple of months. Maybe they're getting ready to open back up? I made a reservation for October and when I made the reservation on the website a popup said something like "We are consolidating locations. If the location for this reservation is not available, someone will contact you to work it out." That pic was taken last Friday. I guess I should do another recon mission to see what it looks like after a week. :)

Back