Help briefing for KTUL?

Paul_Havelka

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Paul_Havelka
So my son and I are flying over to KTUL to scope out all the AA planes on the runway there. We are planning to practice the ILS and was curious if someone would be willing to help us with our brief? Our plan is to request an intersection and acquire the ILS on into a full stop but we are looking at the plates and are a little confused about what we’re looking at. Unfortunately our instructor is out of pocket at the moment. Based off the forecast we are planning for 18r at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just don’t want to be “that guy” and sound like an idiot. So if we are wanting 18r we’ll ask for radar vectors to intercept KROAK and shoot the ILS for a practice approach. If they accommodate us he should give us the vectors and clear us to accept the localizer at a certain altitude. At that point we’ll read back instructions and be cleared for the approach.

Just don’t want to be “that guy” and sound like an idiot. So if we are wanting 18r we’ll ask for radar vectors to intercept KROAK and shoot the ILS for a practice approach. If they accommodate us he should give us the vectors and clear us to accept the localizer at a certain altitude. At that point we’ll read back instructions and be cleared for the approach.

It depends on the conditions and winds for the day that will determine if you get that approach or not.

Absolutely. Unfortunately the only 36 runway with an ILS is 36r and the dme is notam’d out for today. Hoping they will approve us for a low approach and if we land there we can fly missed and come back and land 36l

Pics or it didn’t happen

Well it didn’t happen. They were using 36 and were fairly busy so we didn’t even ask. Just asked for vectors to land 36l. They brought us in from the SE at 3000’ and got told to look for traffic at our 2 o’clock and “Caution. Wake turbulence “ The traffic just so happened to be a KC-10 doing touch-n-gos on 36r. Was a pretty cool sight to see. Have a video but I’ll have to put it up on YouTube and post the link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I take friends on sightseeing tours around Tulsa I just ask to cross midfield either east to west or west to east and have never been turned down. A little late now but that might’ve given you a good view.

Well we stopped in at Spark’s to check on a few things as well.

I did a photo flight two weeks ago. I went on a Sunday morning, light traffic, and was able to make a number of passes west to east a few times at 2500 feet.CA3BFAA8-AC04-491B-B8B1-8D62D58001EB.jpeg

Back