EarthX Certified Aircraft

Lithium batteries are everywhere (and) the incidents involving lithium battery fires are also everywhere!

from a google search, I think I'll wait awhile and put up with the weight a battery that just sits there and doesn't cause troubles, well most of the time

Exp community has been using their lithium stuff which I believe is different than the one those goes boom for a long time. If those batteries caused issues I would think we would have heard a thing or two by now. Having said all that, last annual I got my batteries changed as stuck with the conventional ones

One major reason is I already have a battery minder wired that would be useless going to those batteries. May be next time

Lithium batteries have a finite life and are toxic waste when disposed. Kind of reduces the idea of electric power being completely green.

Not ready to upgrade yet,don’t see a lot of benefits at this time.

I have one in my RV, incredible difference in the way the engine starts. Earth X reps have a pretty good rap, but what finally sold me was the RV-12 we built and are building a 2nd in our teen aviation program. The kit comes with a Earth-X battery. I figured Van's must have vetted them pretty good to include them, especially since there are so many being built by high school projects. Just my 2 cents.

What is the in-flight charging voltage range for EarthX 24v?
I am thinking of switching.

Lithium batteries have a finite life and are toxic waste when disposed. Kind of reduces the idea of electric power being completely green.

Nothing we do while alive is completely green, but considering how bad oil production is it’s still a step in the right direction. And likely in five years, certainly within ten, lithium will be able to be recycled from batteries on a profitable level.

Hell, if lithium gets into the groundwater, it might be just the thing we need!
It would help get some of these crazies under control.

Back