Positive COVID GA story

That is great and all and I applaud those willing to help...but is that need warranted? Trucks are still rollin.

Seems like more of a feel good PR stunt than adding actual impact on the situation to move 150 gallons of hand sanitizer.

I know...bah humbug...there goes the positive.

Kinda reminds me of a buddy who is a firefighter and just posted this:

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 12.34.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Whether or not you think it's a waste of time, at least it's a GA story by that, in different editorial decision, could have harped on how much carbon it took to move that hand sanitizer or chastised these people about not sheltering in place.

Whether or not you think it's a waste of time, at least it's a GA story by that, in different editorial decision, could have harped on how much carbon it took to move that hand sanitizer or chastised these people about not sheltering in place.
I agree on it being a positive GA story, but I also think we really need to ask where the effort is best directed as alluded to by Shawn. I have neighbors in Oak Cliff that don't have work and a bunch of mouths to feed, so that hits close to home.

Wait a minute. This is POA, nothing positive can ever happen in California.

Have faith! The lawyers and the State government will soon find a way to put an end to such subversive, carbon creating , non-regulated, non-taxed activities. :D

AngelFlight West is flying supplies to rural Colorado, a few CAP squadrons around the country are doing same. Because AFW HQ is in southern California, no one understands it's easier and faster to drive from Denver to NE Colorado. I once had a AFW flight from KAPA to Brush (7V5) - took longer to drive to the airport and preflight than to drive to Brush. My cherokee is based at KCFO, which is half-way to Brush!

On the other hand flying medical supplies to NW Colorado definitely makes sense. 1-2 hr in the 182s flight vs 4-6 drives. One thing that I don't understand...these flights are only supplies and the solo pilot (very unusual for CAP) and require the CAP pilot to hold a commercial rating. Makes no sense. Haven't heard back when I asked about it.

AngelFlight West is flying supplies to rural Colorado, a few CAP squadrons around the country are doing same. Because AFW HQ is in southern California, no one understands it's easier and faster to drive from Denver to NE Colorado. I once had a AFW flight from KAPA to Brush (7V5) - took longer to drive to the airport and preflight than to drive to Brush. My cherokee is based at KCFO, which is half-way to Brush!

On the other hand flying medical supplies to NW Colorado definitely makes sense. 1-2 hr in the 182s flight vs 4-6 drives. One thing that I don't understand...these flights are only supplies and the solo pilot (very unusual for CAP) and require the CAP pilot to hold a commercial rating. Makes no sense. Haven't heard back when I asked about it.
I think it’s about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Truckee to SFO. Definitely not cost-effective. However, I was surprised to see a story of this nature on the local evening news when many people on POA bash the media for being too negative about GA.

So they wanted to go fly, so they thought they would be helpful . And not be feeling guilty.

Back