Business is booming ...

Kenny Phillips

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kenny Phillips
If you are in the mental health field, at least. People are anxious, antsy, panicky, paralysed, etc.
My girlfriend is a clinical psychologist in private practice, and her schedule has increased due to the current crisis. She is doing telehealth exclusively through April, and probably later. (Thanks to the gov't for getting off its hands on that subject.)
This is fortuitous, as my aerospace-related company is now virtually worthless, and my retirement plans in ruins, as part of them included selling the company for a modest profit, and this big old house at a handsome profit, and picking up milk money as a CFI. Oh-for-two. At best, I'll stay the course for a couple of years and things will get to the 'good enough' stage.
If not for the Yin-Yang of our respective professions I may need a shrink myself.

I tell everyone, stop smoking and drinking heavily, turn off the ****ing news, and enjoy a new life.

I know a few high risk people in Nebraska, life long smokers, drink, stress over dumb stuff, way over stressed about politics and this virus. If I was betting on anything killing them it would be a heart attack before COVID19 does.

Last edited:
I tell everyone, stop smoking and drinking heavily, turn off the ****ing news, and enjoy a new life.

I know a few high risk people in Nebraska, life long smokers, drink, stress over dumb stuff, way over stressed about politics and this virus. If I was betting on anything killing them it would be a heart attack before COVID19 does.
I'm with you on that. One of the allowable activities in Ohio is fishing; I'm gonna do a bit of that tomorrow to, um, cast away some of my issues.

I'm with you on that. One of the allowable activities in Ohio is fishing; I'm gonna do a bit of that tomorrow to, um, cast away some of my issues.

You are lucky. Our governor decreed that you can only go fishing if you gonna eat the fish. Can't hang out on your sailboat unless its your primary residence. That's gonna show the virus who's boss.

We're fortunate to be busy right now (industrial manufacturing supplier). Orders are incredibly strong right now. We've had some great success stories helping a certain medical supply maker help a certain automaker spool up to make certain medical supplies (sorry can't share, mgmt doesn't want to gloat in public media). One thing those companies really like is that we also have mfg right here in the US and can supply in less than 24hrs often including customization. I still go into the office about 2-3 days a week. I get a lot of questions about that.

It is way to quiet on the interstate - love the low traffic but not the reason why.

For us the assemblers, operators and technicians are on the front line. Us arsehole engineers can do a lot of work from home. But these guys/gals have to build stuff, troubleshoot stuff, run tests, make fixtures, etc. I'm usually in to guide whatever test is next or modifications to make (not Covid related). The gang on the line is really keeping things running in our company.

I suspect we'll see our tough times as a more developed post covid recession drags on. Please let this recession rebound quicker than the last.

You are lucky. Our governor decreed that you can only go fishing if you gonna eat the fish. Can't hang out on your sailboat unless its your primary residence. That's gonna show the virus who's boss.
I'd be fishing from a sailboat, and eating the fish. (Which I have done, BTW.)

In GA we are on lock down state and county wide but there quite a few planes flying today out of our strip, which is perfect day to fly, I think I will get the old bird out I do not see where we can not fly in any order from the governor or the county

To be clear, are you suggesting stop smoking and then drinking heavily or stop smoking and stop drinking too?

I'm with you on one, not so sure about the other...

I think I'd try it anyway and see who comes around to give me a ticket.

Never underestimate the zeal of cops once they are empowered to 'save lives' by writing tickets. In this case, it would probably be the 'oyster police' (Natural Resources Police, the armed arm of the DNR), and as they have nothing else to do, I would expect to see them do exactly that. They are idling right now as there is no need to go around and check whether anyone could squeeze a fourth shell into their duck gun or whether a buck had one or two spikes.

I work at a remote oil production facility in Alaska. Our normal work schedule is 14 days working, 14 days off, 12-14 hour days. But with travel restrictions, isolation requirements, and a general aversion to travel in many people, we are becoming short handed very quickly. Management is asking those of us who can, to stay and keep the systems running. I have been working now for 22 days. Doesn't look like I will be getting home again until late May, if then... Meanwhile, we are social distancing, eating pre-packed food, staying in our rooms when not working, etc. But it's good to have work. There are many worse places to be ... I keep telling myself... :)

I don't get many spam calls on my cell, but I still have a landline, mostly for MIL who can't seem to use the cell lines. Landline spam calls about 10 a day, I have no mo robo, so I'm not jumping up for them. Anyone, business, who requires a phone number gets the landline number. On the cell I get maybe 1 every 2 weeks. I have a pixel, which has a screening feature that works great. Weeds them all out, plus Verizon is finally screening spam on the cell phone now too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back