Which 172 type club has best forum?

jpflys

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JP Flys
About to partner in a 172F, was wondering which type club has most active/ informative forum?

I think it depends on the kind of information you are after. Some forums are more social; others more technical. As with everything, you may find yourself accessing a number of sources depending on the need.

I fly behind a 172E which has the same O-300 Continental as your 172F. The guys on the Cessna 170 forum are incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to this particular engine as just about everyone participating has the same power plant (with slight variations on the theme). I also find the folks at the Cessna Pilots Society to be enormously helpful should you need technical feedback. Although a lot of the discussions slant towards the 182, there are some incredibly seasoned flyers that go beyond the call of duty to help either with information or other resources.

Hey all - I am hoping someone can help me with the cessna172club forum.

On multiple attempts to register I am not receiving any registration confirmation via email. I have tried emailing the administrator at admin@cessna172club.com and it bounces back as undeliverable.

Please trust me I am very savvy with the computer and I have checked my spam folder as well.

I would appreciate if someone here that is a registered member of that forum could post this issue on my behalf. At this point I have no other way of getting in contact with the administrator.

My email: p_w_sd@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Philip

I liked the Cessna pilots assoc. for technical advice.

I have contacted the Admin of the 172 club and given her your e-mail and that you have not been able to get on board.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I registered and haven't been able to get in since. Been a couple months. Can follow a link in to a topic but cannot log in. Sort of Gave up on them

I see activity but like you, I can’t access. Curious what the issue is.

I see activity but like you, I can’t access. Curious what the issue is.
I think I am registered but could not log in. I opted to have my password emailed but never got an email.

Hey all - I am hoping someone can help me with the cessna172club forum.

On multiple attempts to register I am not receiving any registration confirmation via email. I have tried emailing the administrator at admin@cessna172club.com and it bounces back as undeliverable.

Please trust me I am very savvy with the computer and I have checked my spam folder as well.

I would appreciate if someone here that is a registered member of that forum could post this issue on my behalf. At this point I have no other way of getting in contact with the administrator.

My email: p_w_sd@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Philip
Would you also ask them to encrypt the site with an SSL (TLS) cert so user names and passwords aren't passed in clear text when signing up and/or logging in? https://letsencrypt.org

I registered and haven't been able to get in since. Been a couple months. Can follow a link in to a topic but cannot log in. Sort of Gave up on them
Nothing against the site, I used to be more active there, but it has withered on the proverbial vine from these kinds of issues. There's a FB page if you can stomach the venue. . .I think the owner at one time was a Cessna 150/152 club owner, bought a 172 and started up this 172 forum. It seemed like he lost interest over the years?

kentucky red -- done
I find the site is working just fine. The original board founder left years ago but it has been fully operational and busy for a long time.
Not much side issue chatter and in these shutter times perhaps not as busy, but it is for 172 folk a good source.
Search history is good on 172 topics.
patrick

Hi all! I'm the person who runs the Cessna 172 site. Thanks for the discussion and for those of you who recommended the site! To answer a few of the questions that were posted here:
1. Yes, the other co-owner of the site left years ago. I've been maintaining the site with the help of a few volunteers.
2. The site is a 100% volunteer effort, so apologies if we get behind in approving new users (we had to go to an approval process due to a flood of spammers who were overrunning the site daily). I try to approve users every couple of days.
3. The admin email is inaccessible to me, as are the files of the actual software that runs the site (due to the other co-owner bailing out and not transferring the domain or site). We are "stuck in time" on an older version of the forum software with pretty much no way to upgrade. So, no way to add encryption.
4. I will manually add those folks who provided their emails in this thread; anyone else can send a PM to me here.

Hope this helps,
Susie (California Flyer on the 172 Club site)

Interesting. If you pay for the site, you should be able to get access to the admin of the site.

http://whois.domaintools.com/cessna172club.com
The domain expires on -> Registry Expiry Date: 2020-10-18T03:10:51Z
Unless the old co-owner keeps renewing it, you should be able to buy the domain and transfer it to a different host.

Anyways, pretty crappy of the other co-owner.

All set now, thank you Susie !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. If you pay for the site, you should be able to get access to the admin of the site.

http://whois.domaintools.com/cessna172club.com
The domain expires on -> Registry Expiry Date: 2020-10-18T03:10:51Z
Unless the old co-owner keeps renewing it, you should be able to buy the domain and transfer it to a different host.

Anyways, pretty crappy of the other co-owner.
Yes, the old owner keeps renewing it, and won't answer my emails/calls/texts. When I was able to speak with him, he said he didn't want to turn over the site or domain to anyone else. So here we are...

Hi all! I'm the person who runs the Cessna 172 site. Thanks for the discussion and for those of you who recommended the site! To answer a few of the questions that were posted here:
1. Yes, the other co-owner of the site left years ago. I've been maintaining the site with the help of a few volunteers.
2. The site is a 100% volunteer effort, so apologies if we get behind in approving new users (we had to go to an approval process due to a flood of spammers who were overrunning the site daily). I try to approve users every couple of days.
3. The admin email is inaccessible to me, as are the files of the actual software that runs the site (due to the other co-owner bailing out and not transferring the domain or site). We are "stuck in time" on an older version of the forum software with pretty much no way to upgrade. So, no way to add encryption.
4. I will manually add those folks who provided their emails in this thread; anyone else can send a PM to me here.

Hope this helps,
Susie (California Flyer on the 172 Club site)
etaft@northerntel.net

Back