Post COVID19 Lockdown Cravings...

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Once the lockdown ends and various restaurants reopen, many of us are likely to "celebrate" by eating out. What will cuisines or dishes will you be eating?

For me it will be sushi. There is a conveyor belt sushi place not far that charges per plate, and the quality is good. That is one of my first cravings.

in same vein as Japanese food, there is an Izakaya place that had just made a name for itself before we started remaining at home. Really good small plates, beer, saki, spirits. Nice place to socialize with friends and fill the belly with good eats and drink.

Finally, Denton has a good hole in the wall TexMex place whose flavors mirror the Deep Southwest Texas flavor my maternal grandmother made.

What cravings will you fulfill once the lockdown ends and the restaurants near you reopen?

Finally, Denton has a good hole in the wall TexMex place whose flavors mirror the Deep Southwest Texas flavor my maternal grandmother made.
Yum! Sounds good... I can honestly say the best Mexican food I’ve eaten was in Albuquerque NM. Good times!

Most of the Mexican places around here taste like food out of a can, but there is one place that stands out from the rest and resembles the Southwest style flavors, so I’ll likely be hitting that up.

I've been craving something from the sorta-local BBQ place as well as the Cajun place halfway along my commute. Both are still open for takeout, but the food isn't as good after it has cooled off for 20 minutes or more on the drive home.

Mexican, at Julio's in Montpelier, VT. (Probably my weekly or bi-weekly usual at Panera, as well.)

Of course, all this assumes these restaurants survive the lockdown. Panera is nationwide so they probably will; but Julio's might not. :(

Yum! Sounds good... I can honestly say the best Mexican food I’ve eaten was in Albuquerque NM. Good times!

Most of the Mexican places around here taste like food out of a can, but there is one place that stands out from the rest and resembles the Southwest style flavors, so I’ll likely be hitting that up.
If anyone is in Denton and wants to give the place a try, it's known as Mazatlan, on University Drive.

Get outta town flying and moto riding trips.

Get outta town flying and moto riding trips.
Yup... KSEP has the best Hard8 BBQ location of all of the locations they own.... so can see lots of weekends with nearly full parking area. Popular ride out destination for the two-wheeler crowd too

Yup... KSEP has the best Hard8 BBQ location of all of the locations they own.... so can see lots of weekends with nearly full parking area. Popular ride out destination for the two-wheeler crowd too

I’ve been craving Twisted Root Burger and Hard8 in Roanoke. Currently still have training scheduled in June but I have a feeling it will be next fall before my next trip to Dallas.

I’ve been craving Twisted Root Burger and Hard8 in Roanoke. Currently still have training scheduled in June but I have a feeling it will be next fall before my next trip to Dallas.
Make sure you tag me when plans to be here solidify. We will plan a dinner or two

Have a 15# butt in the green egg now, almost ready to be pulled and put in the cooler till dinner.

Pretty much all of my favorite restaurants are still open for takeout/delivery. I just can’t wait to go on vacation again.

Pretty much all of my favorite restaurants are still open for takeout/delivery. I just can’t wait to go on vacation again.

Same. I just want my VI cruise to happen in July. I've actually been eating way better than normal. Not working much, so don't have to stuff my face with fast food and get back to work.

Edit: yeah, I know that isn't the ideal time to go to the Virgin islands, but it's what our schedule permits. It's gonna be hot.

Excellent Vietnamese near me, if still n business. The trade association for restaurants predicts that 25-30 percent won't survive.

Good restaurants in Gallup, aka Nowhere, NM.??? :rofl::rofl:

Instead I'll start my presidential election ammunition hoarding....

Sushi is on the list. We have been allowing ourselves takeout 1-2 times a week to help our favorite places out and break the monotony Of home. But don’t trust the supply chain for raw fish.

I can still take out/door dash most of my favs.

Eagerly waiting though for my local Coffee shop to open back up though...they have killer house made breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches but they totally shut down till it passes.

. But don’t trust the supply chain for raw fish.

I Door Dashed some sushi then like you realize that was probably not the best decision...but it was good. Gonna hold off on that one for a while too.

Indian food buffet at The Royal Khyber in Costa Mesa, CA. Or an Italian Beef at Portillos in Buena Park.

Mazatlan is good, El Matador was too, but haven't been in there in years. Hoping Zeke's in Fort Worth will survive. I need a fried cod fix:)

Good airport breakfast food. Be flying to them

Back