Is a $315k 1954 Cessna 180 Market Top?

Think I’d rather go for a 182 or even 206 for half that and use the extra money to keep it hangared and fueled for quite awhile.

Bank of Utah Trustee?? Hmmm...

Is the useful load really only 960 lbs? I really thought you could haul things in those planes.

Is the useful load really only 960 lbs? I really thought you could haul things in those planes.

The 185 is the true load hauler. The 180 is the smile inducer. If I flew that plane I guarantee you I'd be smiling.

It's not uncommon for an aircraft to be placed in a trust administered by a bank. No "Hmmm" there.

You might be right, but I always thought that was what a repo’ed airplane looked like.

The early model 180s and 182s were not that great for useful load. I think they gross out at 2,550 vs (as much as) 3,190 for later models. But you can get wing extensions on the early models that give you a 400 pound gross weight increase (from 2,550 to 2,950) which is substantial. I think the gross weight went up to 2,950 in the early 60s and increase over time from there.

Back