Is avclicks a victim of flashmageddon?

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
Took a break from ifr study for our Florida trip. Went back to avclicks this morning, and the slides within the lessons will no longer load on my tablet. I see 'flash' in the address... I'm guessing Google killed flash on android some time during the last week. Is there an easy workaround? I understand Adobe is no longer supporting flash.... but it might still work on the windows box? Any guess how long I have to plow through it?

probably. Hopefully lots of sites recognize the coming issue and don't become obsolete. I see a "database error" there now.

You could try a new browser. Firefox is being rated very highly against Chrome.

Google killed flash in all instantiations of Chrome It's not exactly an unexpected event. Even Adobe doesn't push flash anymore.

Google killed flash in all instantiations of Chrome It's not exactly an unexpected event. Even Adobe doesn't push flash anymore.
Adobe is still supplying updates for the thing. Flash is really a kluge compilation, anyway, but as of now, Spectrum uses it for their web interface! It's like the ADS-B of the internet; after a certain date, Chrome will disable all Flash.

@dtuuri ?? I think it was getting updated perhaps??
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the process of changing hosting providers, so maybe that has something to do with it. The lessons were in both Flash and HTML5, so I doubt that lack of Flash support has anything to do with it (it ran on iPads), but what do I know? I sent a message to my new webmaster. Please be patient, he's a busy guy. :)

Awesome...I really appreciate the lessons. Certainly more engaging than the IFH.

Adobe's timeline for killing off Flash is December of this year. Prior to that, expect all the other browsers to kill Flash too. Hopefully by 2021, Flash will be completely and truly dead.

Adobe's timeline for killing off Flash is December of this year. Prior to that, expect all the other browsers to kill Flash too. Hopefully by 2021, Flash will be completely and truly dead.
Yeah, but pretty much Adobe has been telling you to use the HTML5 output of shockwave and the other products for a couple of years now.

Awesome...I really appreciate the lessons. Certainly more engaging than the IFH.
The site was down for awhile, back up now. Could you try now and see if you're still unable to open the tutorials on your tablet? There may be more work to do.

The site was down for awhile, back up now. Could you try now and see if you're still unable to open the tutorials on your tablet? There may be more work to do.

Site is up, and I can go to the lessons, but when I try to advance the slides, I just get the little spinning hurry up and wait icon.

Site is up, and I can go to the lessons, but when I try to advance the slides, I just get the little spinning hurry up and wait icon.
Can you give me a specific one to troubleshoot?

I tried a few others. Ones I have previously completed work if I go back to where I was, but not if I tell it to restart.

Ok, I have the tutorials online for anyone locked down with nothing to do. The site is under construction with new features and more tutorials coming, so things will change from day to day: www.AvClicks.com No need to report errors at this time unless they are within the modules themselves. The website pages are rough drafts and have typos, etc.

Hey it works again! And it's much nicer looking now, too!

Back