Flying videos for your quarantine

rwellner98

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rw2
I was looking at my channel's analytics and noticed that while my views are pretty much the same, the audience retention has nearly doubled lately. Meaning that people are watching each video a lot longer, probably for the obvious reason.

So, with that in mind, I thought I'd remind people that I have a couple playlists that bundle my two most popular topics together.

1) Uncut, is my list of flying videos that just have flying in interesting places. That's it. Not commentary. Almost no editing. Just flying. I just posted the latest, a quarantine flight from Huatulco to Puerto Escondido in Oaxaca, Mexico.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy-XJwLhyKqTYGLcPnjOSFVkYB2qiLo6S

2) My Idaho list includes the videos that are, by far, my most popular videos flying around Idaho, Utah and Montana.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy-XJwLhyKqTKGdyBKnIYYgeysdMX6Bgx

Hope you enjoy. :)

Subscribed! I'm planning a long XC and Oaxaca looks very cool!

Thank you for posting that! A gang of 7 planes from Greenville MI went to Johnson Creek last year, several old salts at it and a few rookies, myself as the latter. Your video took me back for a few mins, it was the vacation of a lifetime for me...

EBEF7C73-BFE7-4548-89B4-857539BE69E4.jpeg
The old c140 did awesome even with the DAs i was really impressed with how well she did...

Ya get down to the old gold mine?

Subscribed! I'm planning a long XC and Oaxaca looks very cool!

Oaxaca is very cool indeed. We love it here. Look me up if you ever head to Mexico, or specifically Oaxaca.

Thank you for posting that! A gang of 7 planes from Greenville MI went to Johnson Creek last year, several old salts at it and a few rookies, myself as the latter. Your video took me back for a few mins, it was the vacation of a lifetime for me...

Ya get down to the old gold mine?

Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't go to the gold mine. Johnson Creek for our crew tends to be a resupply and relax day after spending time in more remote areas. So we pretty much go to Yellow Pine for a restaurant dinner and then chill out by the fire and tell lies.

Oaxaca is very cool indeed. We love it here. Look me up if you ever head to Mexico, or specifically Oaxaca.

Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't go to the gold mine. Johnson Creek for our crew tends to be a resupply and relax day after spending time in more remote areas. So we pretty much go to Yellow Pine for a restaurant dinner and then chill out by the fire and tell lies.

gotcha, we just chilled there for better part of a week, didnt do many fly outs, usually the guys do, obviously some i wouldnt have been able to do in the old 140 but cudda rode with my buddy in the super cub.. we just got so busy sipping campfire coffee and telling lies we never got to it! Lol

The gold mine is kinda cool, more interesting is to see the fire damage from a few years ago. Though there was a mound of dirt at the gold mine that i asked by buddy when it last opersted, he thought late 70s or 80s, i said we may not want to mess around on this dirt a single weed has yet to grow on it!!!

Rich,
How’s the general aviation scene in Oaxaca? My fiancé is from CDMX and I’d love to fly my plane down there one day. My Tiger is far from the ideal plane for that, but it’s fun to think about.

I'm based in Mexico City. Let me know if any of you guys plan on something nearby

The gold mine is kinda cool, more interesting is to see the fire damage from a few years ago. Though there was a mound of dirt at the gold mine that i asked by buddy when it last opersted, he thought late 70s or 80s, i said we may not want to mess around on this dirt a single weed has yet to grow on it!!!

Did you know it's being worked again?

https://midasgoldidaho.com/stibnite-project/

Rich,
How’s the general aviation scene in Oaxaca? My fiancé is from CDMX and I’d love to fly my plane down there one day. My Tiger is far from the ideal plane for that, but it’s fun to think about.

GA in Mexico is nothing like the US. Far fewer airports, for one. But it's also a great way to get around and see the country.

I'm based in Mexico City. Let me know if any of you guys plan on something nearby

Yeah, man. Would like that to happen someday. For starters, I haven't been to Valle de Bravo in four years or so. Need to get back...

Yeah, man. Would like that to happen someday. For starters, I haven't been to Valle de Bravo in four years or so. Need to get back...

I’ve spent my last 2 Christmas’ in Valle de Bravo as my fiancé’s family has a house there. Really nice place.

I’ve spent my last 2 Christmas’ in Valle de Bravo as my fiancé’s family has a house there. Really nice place.

Did you ever get out to the aero club there? Southeast of town, IIRC.

I wasn’t aware there was one, but I have noticed tons of paragliders there. I’ll have to check it out next time.

Yeah, they have tons of competitions there also. Since there are multiple launch points on the mountains around the lake pretty much any wind direction will work.

The aero club is mostly an ultralight field. But I've had my Maule in there and there are a couple other "real" planes as well.

I've talked with the guy that has the Tecnam dealership there and overflown the field when I fly from MMTO.
Short runway for my school's C172

If you have Amazon Fire...you can watch old WW2 airplane training films...

Back