Price of 100 LL

Colorado182

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Colorado182
The stimulus bill suspends taxes on fuel.

Shouldn’t the price of 100LL be coming down significantly?

Dropped 50 cents at KVNC so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hasn’t lowered prices here yet, we’ll see...

Came down 80 cents at FTG/CFO but KAPA is still outrageous. (Denver area) Haven't looked at BJC.

Does the airport pay the tax when the fuel tank is filled or when I buy it? If when the tank is filled, then we probably won't see a change until the next time it's filled.

Fell from $3.83 to $3.27/gal where I’m based, KEDN (Enterprise AL), just a couple days ago

It always seems like when car gas goes up $1.50/gal, avgas goes up $1.50/gal. But when car gas drops $1.50/gal or more, avgas stays the same. Funny how that seems to work.

Ive heard the argument, AVGAS inventory, doesn’t sell as fast, in most places like auto fuel does. Therefore the price remains higher before its adjusted with the next load. Personally, i think is all BS, but that’s just my 2 cents.

Ive heard the argument, AVGAS inventory, doesn’t sell as fast, in most places like auto fuel does. Therefore the price remains higher before its adjusted with the next load. Personally, i think is all BS, but that’s just my 2 cents.
Total BS. Nope they don't get fuel drops as often as gas stations. But they still get them pretty often. Its a money grab and nothing more.

28J (Palatka FL) is showing $2.78 on Skyvector.

somebody typo'd

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 1.25.13 PM.png

Airnav - and whichever one is right, it's a good price :)
AirNav__28J_-_Palatka_Municipal_Airport_-_Lt__Kay_Larkin_Field.jpg

Yet to see much movement around DFW, but it might be early in the cycle.

Auto fuel, per Gasbuddy.com, now below $1.50 in some places.

Auto fuel, per Gasbuddy.com, ...

Oh, I'm glad to know that they have a webpage. Their iPhone app has a horrible privacy feature: they sell your personal position data, and you can't turn that off any longer, so I deleted the app. I'll use their webpage with a VPN and anonymous browser.

Will take some time for a drastic lowering of prices. Most places have higher priced fuel in their tanks. With less people flying could take awhile. Prices in southwest Fla have been relatively low already.

Will take some time for a drastic lowering of prices. Most places have higher priced fuel in their tanks. With less people flying could take awhile. Prices in southwest Fla have been relatively low already.

I’ve heard this before, but then they raise the price while the tank is still full of the cheap stuff, on the way back up, before they’ve gotten the next shipment. LOL.

Came down 80 cents at FTG/CFO but KAPA is still outrageous. (Denver area) Haven't looked at BJC.

Does the airport pay the tax when the fuel tank is filled or when I buy it? If when the tank is filled, then we probably won't see a change until the next time it's filled.
They pay the tax when a consumer buys the fuel.

The old saying , fuel prices go up like a rocket and come down like a parachute.

Figures, gas cheap, airplane rental places non essential business.

still well over $5 here in central IL. Typical.

A law of free economics is that a commodity should sell for the cost of replacement. From Milton Freidman no less.

A law of free economics is that a commodity should sell for the cost of replacement. From Milton Freidman no less.
Anything is worth whatever a buyer and a seller agree that it’s worth.

Im really liking my autogas stc right now $2.08 a gallon for rec fuel at Murphy’s, cant afford not to fly, and I tested each visit for ethanol and none was found... immediate out of pocket expenses of $10.40 an hour...

BUU in WI went from 3.99 to 2.99 in 4 days. Now if only I had a plane to fly to help disperse that cheap gas into the environment. :)

Maybe @flyingcheesehead and @Mtns2Skies can take advantage.

Hmmm. How much empty space in your tanks right now, and what field is your plane at, and do you have some cans we could fill from the sump? I could probably bring down enough to top you off in a trip or two, and it'd give me a good excuse to burn some of what's in my tanks and then top off with the cheap stuff!

You mean the consumer pays the tax when the consumer buys the fuel. :)

The gas pump pimp daddy just holds the cash for the Big Man for a little while, yo. LOL.

Good point,. Business pays no tax, they pass it all along to the consumer, they have to to survive. Most people don't understand this.

Hmmm. How much empty space in your tanks right now, and what field is your plane at, and do you have some cans we could fill from the sump? I could probably bring down enough to top you off in a trip or two, and it'd give me a good excuse to burn some of what's in my tanks and then top off with the cheap stuff!
Ron and I just topped off there last weekend... dammit! Wx sucks today anyway.

Back