Cannabis is Essential

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsaway

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
lsaway
I had a good laugh when I came across this. I was reading the Illinois Stay-at-Home Executive order. It reads that an essential business exempt from the order is "licensed medical and adult use cannabis dispensaries".

The way I heard it, the reason is that many people use cannabis for medical reasons. I'm not going to debate whether or not that is true, but anecdotally, I know many older (65+) people who claim it helps them. I don't think they are sitting around smoking it to get high since I don't ever smell it when I'm around them. Their drug of choice still seems to be alcohol.

The way I heard it, the reason is that many people use cannabis for medical reasons. I'm not going to debate whether or not that is true, but anecdotally, I know many older (65+) people who claim it helps them. I don't think they are sitting around smoking it to get high since I don't ever smell it when I'm around them. Their drug of choice still seems to be alcohol.

That part is true and I see your point. The order also exempts recreational adult use dispensaries. I was not aware that Jan. 1, 2020 Illinois became the 11th state to legalize recreational marijuana for adult use. Fortunately my state has not joined in. When I visited family in California, I could not walk down any street without that annoying smell.

Pot dealers are no different than chiropractors in their ability to prove the medical efficacy of their products. The claim that its used for medical purposes is enough, you don't have to prove it in order to be considered essential. I'm expecting quite a few medical surfboard shops and medical pool table dealers to open up in the next week or so.

I'm expecting quite a few medical surfboard shops and medical pool table dealers to open up in the next week or so.

A dog day-care kennel, the one that we use, is emailing customers to ask if we're medical workers who need doggie day-care in order to go to work. Apparently their business association is suggesting that they look at that angle, to be considered essential.

My bathroom remodel is getting done because contractors are on the essential list too. Go figure.

I think they just did things this way because the public wouldn't otherwise be smart enough to figure out limiting doing stuff in big groups without guidance. Most stuff seems to be on the essential list.

Strange times when pot and liquor stores are essential yet schools are not.
Only medical dispensaries are included in most (all?) stay at home orders (yes the medical efficacy of marijuana is debatable and uncontrolled blah blah but for now, better or for worse, it’s within the medical system). Liquor stores are also actually important in keeping alcoholics alive. Alcohol withdrawal is very deadly. Going from a full bore alcoholic to zero is an effective way to die. There’s a lot more alcoholics out there than you might realize. Last thing the medical system needs is a bunch of crashing alcoholics!

Pot, alcohol ,where else would you spend the money the govt is going to give you.

Only medical dispensaries are included in most (all?) stay at home orders.....

Well, the Illinois order includes adult use cannabis dispensaries, so this is at least 1 order that is not specifically medical only. I have not read any of the other orders yet. I read Illinois because I have some business to do in Illinois and I needed to see what the restrictions are.

More fine work from the dictator here in the People's Republik of Illinoi$

Keep the population stupid.

If this continues, it will smarten up the population, not dumb it down. The ones still open for business are more exposed to COVID-19. They should have a higher mortality rate than the rest of us. If the dumb population decreases, the average is smarter. Yay us!

-Skip

My bathroom remodel is getting done because contractors are on the essential list too. Go figure.

I think they just did things this way because the public wouldn't otherwise be smart enough to figure out limiting doing stuff in big groups without guidance. Most stuff seems to be on the essential list.

Which is one major reason why it is fairly pointless to ban the rest.

Pot, alcohol ,where else would you spend the money the govt is going to give you.

The rental furniture place.
Best Buy.
'Buy here, pay here' used car dealer.

It'll get spent.

In a day.

smarten the population?? I don't think so.

My bathroom remodel is getting done because contractors are on the essential list too.

We are going through a bathroom remodel. The contractor called and said the construction business is not on the essential list, can you go ahead and pay the bill now?

After a very lengthy and in depth 10 second internet search, I found out construction workers are on the essential list. A very long list of essential businesses.

I told him if he wants to stay at home and keep his workers at home, fine by me.

I did not pay him. He has a reputation of not returning to finish up work when he gets paid. (mini rant over)

Home construction and repair is on the essential list in California. My water damage repair was completed during shelter-in-place. They finished in three days. I paid the next day.

If any one uses acetaminophen or ibuprofen or any drug for that matter you don't really have an angle against medical marijuana. I use advil when I have muscle pain. Advil is killing my kidneys and my stomach lining and I wish I wasn't a professional pilot so I could use something safer on my aches and pains instead of ibupoison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back