Oklahoma Golf Courses near (or on) airport/runway

imwithtuxedo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
J
Looking for new places to fly and might as well play golf while I'm there. Prefer to be able to walk from the plane to the clubhouse or call the clubhouse and have them send or drop-off a golf cart. Not really concerned if its a 9-hole municipal track, just looking to do something different. So far, I've found the following:

0F7- Fountainhead Lodge Airpark
3O3- Purcell-Shephard Municipal
37K- Falconhead
95F- Keystone Golf & CC
91F- Carlton Landing
KEHA- Elkhart, KS just over the State Line

Courses that are really close to the airport/runway:
KPVJ- Pauls Valley
2K4-Mangum
KCLK- Clinton Municipal
KOJA- Weatherford
1K8- Grand Lake

Lake Murray airport (1F1) is unfortunately closed.

Anyone aware of any others?

Last edited:
Looking for new places to fly and might as well play golf while I'm there. Prefer to be able to walk from the plane to the clubhouse or call the clubhouse and have them send or drop-off a golf cart. Not really concerned if its a 9-hole municipal track, just looking to do something different. So far, I've found the following:

0F7- Fountainhead Lodge Airpark
3O3- Purcell-Shephard Municipal
37K- Falconhead
2K4-Mangum (looks close to the golf course)
KCLK- Clinton Municipal looks close

Lake Murray airport (1F1) is unfortunately closed.

Anyone aware of any others?

RVS - Tulsa (Jenks, OK) is a half-mile up the street from one (average 18-hole, pretty flat terrain). It's a potential option for an engine-out right after takeoff from 19R/L. You could walk it, but I'd think you could bum a ride/call the pro shop/Uber.
3O9 - Grand Lake, a mile or so from Shangri-La Resort (they'll pick you up) if you want to go high-end (they have separate 9-hole or 18-hole courses).

Dunno if Fountainhead Lodge is even serviceable anymore. Have you landed there recently? Would be the best option since the clubhouse is a few hundred yards off the threshold of Rwy 36, but AirNav shows comments that it's in a bit of disrepair. I landed there once during primary instruction about a decade ago to do a full stop/taxi-back.

You can play Meadowlake in Enid if you want to land at Vance AFB, lol. :p

Last edited:
Dunno if Fountainhead Lodge is even serviceable anymore. Have you landed there recently? Would be the best option since the clubhouse is a few hundred yards off the threshold of Rwy 36, but AirNav shows comments that it's in a bit of disrepair. I landed there once during primary instruction about a decade ago to do a full stop/taxi-back.

You can play Meadowlake in Enid if you want to land at Vance AFB, lol. :p

Flown over Fountainhead many a time, but never landed. Might do a recon mission this weekend.

If I land at Vance maybe they can loan me a courtesy car.

Back