Globe Swift forums

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Couldn't find any on Google. Let me know if you've heard of one?

Also, can I ask someone to test this link for what seems to be one?
One the desktop it says cannot run without Flash and when I dive into that, it appears Flash is installed and not blocked.
On the laptop there are no clickable links.
http://www.saginawwings.com/member/memberlogin.php

Anyone know where a O-360 powered version would stand in the lineup of desirability?

It would be a hot rod, I would think. I don’t know about desirability, however.

The Swift Museum Foundation is the place you go for parts. The saginawwings site is where you'll find airplanes for sale and a bunch of great tech info in the "Monty the Answer Man" archives.

The closest thing to a forum (outside of facebook) is the GTSwift group on Yahoo. I at least was on there at one point but I ended up auto-filtering those message and now I can't get on the group, so I'm not sure how active it is or whether Yahoo groups are even still a thing (the banner at the top says you can still use them via email...?)

Let us know what you find! Are you considering purchasing a Swift? They're really cool little planes.

Anyone know where a O-360 powered version would stand in the lineup of desirability?

Pretty desirable. 180hp I assume? The Swifts came from the factory with 85 or 125 hp. Word on the street is that both were a little underpowered and that the 145hp O-300 is the sweet spot for power. More than that, and you have a hot rod.

The Swifts are supposedly the most modified airplanes out there, and the engine options that have been available over the years include 85, 125, 140, 145, 150, 160, 180, 200, 210, and 220hp. The 210s are still pretty common, but I do remember someone asking on the group once about takeoff technique with a 210 because he was having trouble getting the gear up before exceeding Vlo. :rofl:

If I could afford to have a "fun" airplane, it'd probably be a Swift.

Back