And it just keeps coming.....

They lost a lot of orders for 737-MAX and already had excess workforce. I suspect this get them qualified for federal funding for covid-19 $ support.

Too big to fail and all that.

It’s funny that all the news papers and financial experts lecture every American to save for rainy day, that people live paycheck to paycheck... bla bla bla and all these multi billion dollar companies goes to the govt for bailout money at the first sign of trouble after laying off the same said people.

I have nothing nice to say about these knuckleheads

I can understand the govt giving out low interest loans, total bailouts not so much.

I’m not usually a fan of bailout money. However, at least Boeing is based in the US and paying taxes here. Unlike the cruise industry which is expecting a nice chunk of this bailout money.

Indeed. I don't think there's a single cruise ship that is registered in the US. They tend to be registered in Caribbean countries.

I also find it interesting that last year Boeing authorized a $3 billion stock buyback, as mentioned in their annual report. If they get help, we should not allow that money to be used for buybacks or executive bonuses.

they may be registered offshore, but every time an oasis class ships docks in port miami they pay the port of miami 82,000 dollars. they spend millions on provisions, they have thousands of dock workers, 22 dollars a day per car for parking, taxes on the airline tickets for the passengers getting there, bus and taxis bringing them to the port, sales tax on drinks served while docked, ect ect ect. the criuse ships bring big dollars to the cities where they port. royal has 4200 employees at its headquarters alone in MIA. carnival is right next door with probably about the same. the cruise industry is a large part of florida's economy. yes, the boats are registered off shore, and most employees on the boat are not us citzens, but they still inject a large amount of cash into the US economy. do i agree with bailouts, as a general rule no, but this economic hit will require government help. lets just hope the do it the right way.

Back