Best Info on COVID-19 I have seen. Please read

I believe you might be better off not reading anything then. So many headlines are filled with editorial click bait, but then when you dig into the article you find that the headline is completely misleading.

One headline today said Dianne Feinstein is being accused of insider trading and dumping stock prior to the Coronavirus news being released. But read the article and her assets are all in a blind trust, but two other pols of the other party did the same thing without the alibi. She is just more well known and gets more people's attention.

And if you read further into the article, the "blind trust" is run by her husband. Not picking on Dianne, JOhnH or going political, but that bit of context adds further clarity and context. I totally agree with the original point, Headlines are misleading, articles are slanted and facts seem to take a vacation.

On the original video point. It would not have taken much to say, "here's a good video on the virus, it makes the point that things are better or worse because of this..." There is nothing about this virus that takes an hour to explain.

There is SO much news to read that I usually just read the headlines, and don't go any further unless I'm interested. The headlines are often informative enough.

Except the guy who wrote the headline doesn't read the article half the time, and headlines are often written as clickbait these days. I wouldn't trust headlines at all... They merely help me figure out which articles actually might be worth reading.

I'm still looking for the answer to the question "why is the US going to have a million people die in the next two months when there hasn't been anywhere close to that number in other countries?"

That's what the death toll would be if we did nothing. We're doing something, thus the death toll will hopefully be lower.

Good Video. Brings context... thank you very much for posting. Sent to a few friends and family.

When I posted this I assumed that all would at least look at the first part and most would go to the end so I did not write a synopsis. It is done by a physician who's company specializes in medical intelligence and who has been following this for non-stop for 80+ days. It uses a lot of medical terminology. It is more like a college level science course and it is NOT like 99% of the simplistic stuff in the pop media. If you don't like science maybe go play golf.

The only criticism I have is the the camera man didn't always cut to the graphs that the speaker was discussing so PAUSE take a picture, print and watch again if you a really interested.

...Journalists study writing and composition, not medicine or aviation or economics or anything else, and it shows. ...
I agree, except they may study "writing and composition", but from what I've seen, not much stuck.

It’s also very easy to create a vaccine that on the next round of infection causes a cytokine storm, and change a virus that has a 2% mortality rate into one that has a 20% mortality rate...
This has been an issue in oncology. Some immuno-oncological approaches are so effective, massive amount of tumor tissue die off too quickly. This creates the above mentioned "cytokine storm" as the body attempts to deal with the dead tissue. Juno Therapeutics, before it was bought by Celgene, had this problem in a Phase II clinical trial and five patients died.

While tragic even with terminally ill patients, a vaccination program with a poorly tested vaccine could easily be worse than the disease.

I believe we need to keep this in perspective. For the last complete flu season in the USA, 2018-19, 43 MILLION people got the flu, 647,000 were hospitalized and 61,200 died.

Last edited:
Yes, Domenick. In fact this the very point the doctor in my post was making. We may kill more people with extreme isolation than disease. Hard to buy food without money and hard to get money no work. And if the essential product producers can't produce and deliver......................

I believe you might be better off not reading anything then. So many headlines are filled with editorial click bait, but then when you dig into the article you find that the headline is completely misleading.

One headline today said Dianne Feinstein is being accused of insider trading and dumping stock prior to the Coronavirus news being released. But read the article and her assets are all in a blind trust, but two other pols of the other party did the same thing without the alibi. She is just more well known and gets more people's attention.
I read the same thing. My opinion is the accusations of "insider trading" is a load of BS.
It didn't take a genius to think of selling stock for the following reasons:
- The second largest economy in the world shut themselves down.
- Supply chains were disrupted, so many of our factories would see disruptions
- Airlines had flights curtailed to and from China, they were going to take a hit this year.
- Many countries, such as Indonesia and Cambodia, depend greatly on Chinese tourism, so their economy is messed up; they will buy fewer goods and services.

I was surprised our market sell-off wasn't a week earlier than it happened.
The only beef I have with some of the politicians accused was they were telling us there wasn't going to be a problem, yet they know there was going to be a big sell-off.
I don't feel those politicians did anything illegal, just unethical.

Last edited:
I read the same thing. My opinion is the accusations of "insider trading" is a load of BS.
It didn't take a genius to think of selling stock for the following reasons:
- The second largest economy in the world shut themselves down.
- Supply chains were disrupted, so many of our factories would see disruptions
- Airlines had flights curtailed to and from China, they were going to take a hit this year.
- Many countries, such as Indonesia and Cambodia, depend greatly on Chinese tourism, so their economy is messed up; they will buy fewer goods and services.

I was surprised our market sell-off wasn't a week earlier than it happened.
The only beef I have with some of the politicians accused was they were telling us there wasn't going to be a problem, yet they know there was going to be a big sell-off.
I don't feel those politicians didn't do anything illegal, just unethical.

A reasonable position to take.

Your last two sentences are really the heart of the matter.

Here's another informative one from an epidemiologist who helped eradicate smallpox:
https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-interview-larry-brilliant-smallpox-epidemiologist/

The first paragraph reads:

LARRY BRILLIANT SAYS he doesn’t have a crystal ball. But 14 years ago, Brilliant, the epidemiologist who helped eradicate smallpox, spoke to a TED audience and described what the next pandemic would look like. At the time, it sounded almost too horrible to take seriously. “A billion people would get sick," he said. “As many as 165 million people would die. There would be a global recession and depression, and the cost to our economy of $1 to $3 trillion would be far worse for everyone than merely 100 million people dying, because so many more people would lose their jobs and their health care benefits, that the consequences are almost unthinkable.”

Since we are locked in both links were informative...... refreshing to see some science.
Hope this event will decrease some of the polarization we are experiencing.
Some science based information in social media and government would be a welcome change.

@Tantalum - In my scant 35 years in the corporate world, I've not once, EVER, seen TLDR in work communications.

I do know what it means. But only from the interweb places. Like here.

@Tantalum - In my scant 35 years in the corporate world, I've not once, EVER, seen TLDR in work communications.

I do know what it means. But only from the interweb places. Like here.
My first exposure to it was a text a friend showed me after his girlfriend (ex maybe?) wrote him some novel.. his reply "tldr"

My first exposure to it was a text a friend showed me after his girlfriend (ex maybe?) wrote him some novel.. his reply "tldr"

I had to Google it several times over the years because I kept forgetting what it meant. I've pretty much had to Google every similar internet abbreviation. LMAO, yeah googled it. Roflmao, same.

You're very lucky. I can't get anybody to read work communications - most commonly management. I've recently had to put a TLDR on my TLDR.

I watched the entire video, found it very interesting. Thanks for sharing it! He does an excellent job of putting this into context. We're not dealing with another Spanish Flu type pandemic! The public needs to relax, stop hoarding supplies, and stay off social media!

ummmm isn’t PoA social media?

Back