Toilet Paper

A run on toilet paper is one thing...just idiots being idiots...don't think they can harm me with their idiocracy.

Same goes with hand sanitizer, cold and flu meds, rice, canned soup, etc.

But the run on ammo...those idiots scare me...

Anyone monitoring eBay? Someone has to be trying to sell single rolls at a monster profit

And you know, if it weren't for that dang Costco cashier telling me yesterday morning that I couldn't buy 90 rolls, I'd be selling it on eBay, too! And not by the roll, but by the sheet!

I stopped at our regular grocery store on the way home tonight, more out of curiosity than anything else.

Very few people there tonight, it looked like an ordinary Wed evening. The TP aisle was still empty, the egg section was empty, the Mexican food section was empty, the bread aisle was empty, and still a lot of other sections were low. It didn't look like it had been restocked since the last time I was in there on Monday. However, there were many, many pallets of bottled water stacked all around the store. So anyone that still wants to hoard water bottles is in luck, but anyone that's starting to get low on toilet paper is not.

And bacon was on sale, so I bought some.

I stopped at our regular grocery store on the way home tonight, more out of curiosity than anything else.

Very few people there tonight, it looked like an ordinary Wed evening. The TP aisle was still empty, the egg section was empty, the Mexican food section was empty, the bread aisle was empty, and still a lot of other sections were low. It didn't look like it had been restocked since the last time I was in there on Monday.
Perhaps the hoarders all showed up at opening time and were gone by evening?
And bacon was on sale, so I bought some.
Smart!

Perhaps the hoarders all showed up at opening time and were gone by evening?

That's a possibility, it didn't look much different than when I left Monday evening. There really were very few people in the store.

I did see several signs posted around saying they were going to be closing at 8pm for restocking, I can't remember but I think it normally stayed open until 11pm. Reopening at 6am, but they requested that the 6am - 7am time slot be reserved for seniors.

I might give it until next week and then maybe pop in again to see how things look.

Anybody have any real news on when the stuff will get back onto shelves?

There are going to be a lot of people stealing rolls from work or Starbucks soon.

Anybody have any real news on when the stuff will get back onto shelves?

There are going to be a lot of people stealing rolls from work or Starbucks soon.
Not I, but now that my truck is running again after being in the shop for 5 days, I am going to go get a pack tomorrow if I can find some.

I wasn't shopping for it myself, but today the local supermarket was devoid of it.

I haven’t pooped for 18 days. Please, send TP!

7d5e0099a87cc953bb52e940d3fdac7d.jpg

I’m tired. We’re busting our asses to get eggs to the stores. We’re shipping eggs same day they’re laid. The pivot my industry is attempting is daunting, and the regulatory hurdles and logistics are challenging. All while wondering what restriction is next. The childcare problem sucks.

We’re solving problems on the fly. Problems we’ve never thought of.

I’m tired. We’re busting our asses to get eggs to the stores. We’re shipping eggs same day they’re laid. The pivot my industry is attempting is daunting, and the regulatory hurdles and logistics are challenging. All while wondering what restriction is next. The childcare problem sucks.

Have you considered a breeding program to get them to lay toilet paper?

One of my buddies works the meat counter at a local grocery store. He texted me this afternoon, “tp is in”.

I figured it would be gone by the time I got there but I headed over anyway. Of course the shelves were empty. An employee saw me looking at the empty shelves and said, “I think we just got some, let me check.” She came back with two packs she took off a pallet. My folks and my MIL now don’t have to worry for a while. They are in their 80s and 90s in a senior place and can’t be out fighting crowds.

Stopped by Costco this afternoon. No crowds, no lines and they had a low but sufficient supply of pretty much all food items. Still no TP, but I did see several alternatives (Kleenex, paper towels, bidets).

Stopped by Costco this afternoon. No crowds, no lines and they had a low but sufficient supply of pretty much all food items. Still no TP, but I did see several alternatives (Kleenex, paper towels, bidets).
Costco selling bidet's huh? Who woulda thunk it?

In your industry, how does one increase production in response to a demand spike?

Thank you and keep up the good work; it’s not like a little pep talk would get those hens laying more often anyways.

Our house is legitimately running out of TP. I tried to find some yesterday - both grocery stores were cleaned out. I don't know if I should be mad at the people who are hoarding it or if I should be kicking myself for not hoarding it.

Fortunately my dad is retired and has a costco membership, plus he's been prepping for coronavirus around a month now. I went over for a visit today and got hooked up. Got enough TP for at least a week, hopefully long enough for people to realize there is no long-term shortage of TP

Our house is legitimately running out of TP. I tried to find some yesterday - both grocery stores were cleaned out. I don't know if I should be mad at the people who are hoarding it or if I should be kicking myself for not hoarding it.

Fortunately my dad is retired and has a costco membership, plus he's been prepping for coronavirus around a month now. I went over for a visit today and got hooked up. Got enough TP for at least a week, hopefully long enough for people to realize there is no long-term shortage of TP
My experience today was my buddy texting me from his store. The semi had just made a delivery and it included at least 2 pallets of TP. An employee was kind enough to go in back to break open a pallet for me. I suspect they’ll stock overnight and it’ll be gone in the morning.

I’m hoping this means that other places are starting to get shipments, too. Maybe check with the store manager around 4 pm after the deliveries and before the stocking. You might get lucky.

My experience today was my buddy texting me from his store. The semi had just made a delivery and it included at least 2 pallets of TP. An employee was kind enough to go in back to break open a pallet for me. I suspect they’ll stock overnight and it’ll be gone in the morning.
Are they rationing by placing quantity limits on purchases?

Thankyou

Are they rationing by placing quantity limits on purchases?
Every store here has signs saying limit of 2 packages, but nobody has it. I was starting to worry about my folks and my MIL since they can’t get out. I got lucky and now they each have one. This was the first time I’ve seen any since last Thursday’s Black Friday.

I’m hoping this means that other places are starting to get shipments, too. Maybe check with the store manager around 4 pm after the deliveries and before the stocking. You might get lucky.

I'll make it through somehow.

Can you elaborate? What restriction? Has demand spiked? Only shortages I have seen has been pasta and TP at local stores. Pretty much all the local stores when TP went out; started putting up limit 1 or 2 signs on many basic items (eggs, milk...) and the problem has been solved.

Tim

My suggestion is to locate one of those stores (like Publix here) that are closing earlier than usual to clean and restock. Then be there before opening to secure a spot in line and head directly to the TP isle. The manager at my store said they stock at night, open at 8am and the TP is gone by 8:15.

I feel for ya...and thanks...

my best friend is VP of Treasury and Risk at a large US Auto Parts chain. Talk about a man who's had a bad month with no sleep. Dealing with equity and debt markets, institutional investors, and venture capitalists. Combine that with insurance, physical risk issues (as opposed to financial risk), and company growth planning...all which also fall under his umbrella.

Our Federal Government's incompetence, downplaying, wavering and lies have made his job infinitely harder than it should have been...his words, not mine.

Here's a PRO tip for everyone. If you must resort to using paper towels, you can separate the plys of the paper towels to make them easier on your sewer system and make your supplies last longer. It can be difficult to get a sheet started when separating the plys, but once started they just peal right apart.

I’m still working, and for a small company. I figured if it came down to it I’d check with my facilities guy and see if I could buy a few rolls from the company store room.

I really don't know what you guys are talking about...

in the White House daily briefing, our Cheeto in Chief just said Americans are seeing very few empty shelves in Walmart because of everything that he's done.

...not making a political comment, just reporting the news...

Limited supply of TP at Safeway this morning limited to one package per customer. I saw a guy gazing at the paper towels and I clued him in to a small carton box of TP in the aisle. They didn't bother to put it on the shelf. He was very appreciative.

I really don't know what you guys are talking about...

in the White House daily briefing, our Cheeto in Chief just said Americans are seeing very few empty shelves in Walmart because of everything that he's done.

...not making a political comment, just reporting the news...

That’s because our leaders have never seen the inside of a grocery store. Again not getting political, but just read some big guns out there who had prior knowledge of this sh@t hitting the fan sold majority of their holdings before rest of the normal population lost 20-40% of their holding be it in 401k or IRA or whatever. This is the definition of our so called “leaders”

Back